The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Constructive advice needed

lewysdanny

Ok guys , I have a GZ Aerotop on the For Sale section . Now the problem is , ive had 3 supras including a 6 spd manual but this is by far the best all round of the three . Now since I put it up for sale I have had interest but , everyone so far is low balling me and making offers like £6.5k - £8.5k , which I think is too low for what it is, and condition its in .In the ad I said I would consider realistic offers but I,m now in desperate need to sell as I,m now paying £150 pm to keep in storage , which is dead money that I just do not have. Any constructive advice would be welcomed . Cheers guys

It's a lovely car but I just don't think people have the desire to spend 10k+ on these cars atm. All the cars over 10k seem to be getting broken for spares. I think the prices have peaked for the time being and people are now reluctant to part with such large amounts of money for essentially a 20+ year old Toyota

TBH I think that there has been a lot of talking-up of prices...

...also you are in bloody Wales (!) :-) Which as we know is a long way from no-where, you have to bloody pay to get in, and is full of Welsh people!

In my opinion I would put your interior back to stock as much as possible interior - with dash, seats (sell them), shift and cluster... get it well serviced (not by yourself - but someone known - no offence but it is a lot of money!). Engine is great so just leave.

If you want it moving to London to sell you are welcome to use my drive!

Cheers

(Jurgen is good idea btw - but he is near Shetland Isles! :-))

Hey guys , yeah the points made so far are feasible and make sense , its just for the money I,ve spent on it would mean a massive loss . But maybe with your points in mind I should take the hit and let it go for the loss !!! Oh and a little note to a point Dragonball made , this car has been serviced by a well respected company and when I mention in the ad that " I,ve done this or that to it " I mean the work was carried out by one of the companies mentioned in my ad , not by me personally .

Hi mate, remember you put it for sale in January, lots of people are still recovering from Christmas even now, we are approaching spring/summer so no doubt the interest will start to peak soon.

What kind of reasons or feedback have you got from people who have low-balled you? Are there any simple low cost solutions to any of the feedback that may help when the next interested party comes along?

Would the well respected garage who did all the work consider advertising it for you, storing it and you give them a cut instaed of paying the current storage?

GLWS mate im sure interest will pick up soon :)

The current supra price level is a false economy. People are putting prices through the roof but no one can either afford or wants to spend that sort of money. Im not saying yours is overpriced from a cost and personal point of view but realistically no one (bar the odd) will spend that on a 20year old car from a buyers point of view. If that makes sense?

The current supra price level is a false economy. People are putting prices through the roof but no one can either afford or wants to spend that sort of money. Im not saying yours is overpriced from a cost and personal point of view but realistically no one (bar the odd) will spend that on a 20year old car from a buyers point of view. If that makes sense?

No that does not make sence at all. So your saying anything over 20 years old isnt worth 10k? NSX says hi

IM still waiting to hear if he has advertised it anywhere else but here?

Hi guys , the points you are making are very logical and do make sense ( even though a bit hard to take ) . That having been said , I,m not devoid of any realism . A couple of members have said that at this time people might not have the funds to pay my asking price, which of course I take on board . I think that of the offers I have had 1) its an offer , 2) its all they can afford ,3) will I do a p/x . The thing is I paid decent money for it when I bought it ( which was possibly worth more at the time ) , and after the amount spent putting it in the condition it,s now in , I need to try to recover at least something of the money that's been lavished on it . And even £13k does not go anywhere near whats been ploughed in , hence the reason I,ll will accept a sensible offer lower than £13k . As for advertising it elsewhere , no its not for sale other than on here as I just do not want to see it go to someone who knows nothing about these fantastic cars and rags the nuts out of it , blows the engine , or raps it round a tree , even if I desperately need to sell , I cannot be that mercenary that money out weighs the respect I have for these magnificent motors .

And there is lays the problem. Your advertising it in a place where 90% of the people already own a supra.....Your average Joe does not come here looking for a car (even tho they should) how many times have we seen people bitch about paying £10 in order to buy a car?

As DNK say get it out on autotrader, Ebay, Piston heads.

There'll be a few of us I'm sure that can list a car on Pistonheads for free. I'm assuming Dnk is one such person. I've done this before too, just remember to change your location on your profile so 'distance from..' type searches work OK for the ad :)

Dnk , that's really nice to make me the offer but would you mind if I decline it at the moment, but I will ask you if you could do that favour for me in maybe 1-2 weeks time . I think that by then if I cant sell on here it will have to be seen by a larger number of people, but I still would rather it kept in the club. Once again thanks Dnk for your offer .

Well if you don't want to advertise as widely as possible people have to assume that for whatever reason you are not a serious seller. Wanting to sell to a fellow club member is ridiculous, most already have a car, and money is money, whoever hands it over. I agree with the comments on over pricing. I have also found owners club sites one of the WORST places to try and sell a car. Club members who own a car often seem to have an over inflated idea of price. The national and international sites like Pistonheads, where the trade advertise, is where you should be pitching. Any car is worth only what someone is able and willing to offer. Your location, snide remarks about the Welsh aside, won't help, to Londoner's it's the end of the world, they seem to expect to travel a maximum of a 100 mile round trip for a new car ;) Good luck, but you need to be advertising other in places.

Ok guys , I am now in sh-t street with my missus , as she has just said virtually word for word what CW has just said , that all makes sense but my head is up my arse and did not want to go down that route as I would like it to stay here in the club. But as an old fart on here I am not totally compus mentus with selling cars on other sites ( as you can tell with my punctuation in this thread ) . So after my little spat with her indoors , I will see if I can get it advertised on other sites . And CW , of course I,m a serious seller , and as for a snipe at the Welsh I think that was made in jest .

I wouldn't, think distance would put off a serious buyer if the price is right,I travelled to Hereford for my first and Wigan for my second.It,s very near impossible to get all the money back on mods you make to any car not just Supra,s.As Chris said get it on all the big sites and I,m sure it will go.:)

I'm editing Tims advert from the classifieds ready to put it on PH so thought i'd post my

first edit here

Any thing to add or edit I welcome your input

Model GZ Aerotop

Year 1993

Colour 199 silver

MOT 11 months

Mileage 139000 KM ------- 86370 MILES

4" thick folder full of receipts and servicing bills of approx £17k, work done by Austec, AFR Tuning,

Rocketdog Racing etc.

ATF, Diff oil, Brake fluid, engine oil & filter all replaced in the last 12 months, the engine oil & filter

changed every 6 mths or 3k miles.

All OE parts that have been replaced by polished and chrome items will come with the car

Original fan,turbo hard pipes, etc etc.

The interior is Black & Silver leather which includes the dash, glove box and door cards all done by Gibson & Boyne

at a cost of over £2500.

The bodywork is in exceptional condition and was clay barred last August.

The chassis is completely rust free, the petrol tank protector has some rust but a good replacement

comes with the sale.

The wheels have been completely refurbished and have Good Year Eagle F1s, front & rear tread depths

are approx 5mm

The odometer reads in kilometres and therefore has not been tampered with or reset, the speedometer has been electronically

converted to read in MPH.

Full set of chrome dial rings speedo, rev counter, cigar lighter, ignition key hole etc .

New leather hand brake gater

LED Dash lights

Alpine IVA-W200 Double Din multimedia unit DVD with ipod interface

Cruise Control

Exterior Full chrome front grille set

Factory side skirts and spats

New glass headlights

Electronic front spoiler that activates at 60mph

Wilwood Ultimate front brakes

18" Cruz multi spoke alloys with polished lips.

Eibach springs

Hybrid Twin Turbos

HKS Fuel cut defender

Race logic Traction control system

Chris Wilson restrictor ring

HKS SSQV 4 ( bov )

Walbro fuel pump

Peak hold alarm ( boost gauge )

HKS Priestly Free Flow Exhaust system

Cat 1 Alarm / immobiliser

Twin Electric Fans

New Battery