The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling a Supra

masterfett

I understand why you would buy a supra from the owners club, however selling one? judging by the prices elsewhere ebay/pistonheads auto trader.. why would you bother?!

i guess if you wanted to know your car was going to another enthusiast then i get it, but unless the prices of our cars have suddenly sky rocketed im a bit lost.

i have been thinking recently about potentially selling mine and getting something else, and looking at the prices people are advertising TT auto's for im almost convinced its the best idea.

since when did they fetch between 9 - 12k! ??

and N/A Autos 5k? have i slipped into a parrallel universe?

I understand why you would buy a supra from the owners club, however selling one? judging by the prices elsewhere ebay/pistonheads auto trader.. why would you bother?!

i guess if you wanted to know your car was going to another enthusiast then i get it, but unless the prices of our cars have suddenly sky rocketed im a bit lost.

i have been thinking recently about potentially selling mine and getting something else, and looking at the prices people are advertising TT auto's for im almost convinced its the best idea.

since when did they fetch between 9 - 12k! ??

and N/A Autos 5k? have i slipped into a parrallel universe?

Have you been living under a rock for the last 6 months? Prices for everything is on the up.

Prices for most nice cars have shot up, at the same time I was looking at Supras I was grumbling that TVR Chimaeras had gone from about £5k to £7k, to find one now they're typically over £10k. Same for Maserati 3200 GTs... £3,000-£4,000 in 2012... Now they're all over £8,000.

I think it's the combined effect of lower petrol prices, recovering (just) economy and at a guess people are spending more so "nice" cars are becoming desirable

Prices for most nice cars have shot up, at the same time I was looking at Supras I was grumbling that TVR Chimaeras had gone from about £5k to £7k, to find one now they're typically over £10k. Same for Maserati 3200 GTs... £3,000-£4,000 in 2012... Now they're all over £8,000.

I think it's the combined effect of lower petrol prices, recovering (just) economy and at a guess people are spending more so "nice" cars are becoming desirable

makes sense i suppose!

Just wait till the Yanks can start buying them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supra-/231881481420?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35fd369ccc:g:geUAAOSws4JW62nL&item=231881481420

N/A auto...in shocking state for 14k........

Im not entirely sure how desirable importing would be to them being RHD, its 2 years till they can import so i guess time will tell!

Im not entirely sure how desirable importing would be to them being RHD, its 2 years till they can import so i guess time will tell!

It hasn't stopped them snapping up R32 Skylines in their droves. Hardtop Supras are rare and expensive in the US, so they will buy plenty of RHD ones. And seeing as they never go proper facelift cars in the US, they will probably go mad for those too.

It hasn't stopped them snapping up R32 Skylines in their droves. Hardtop Supras are rare and expensive in the US, so they will buy plenty of RHD ones. And seeing as they never go proper facelift cars in the US, they will probably go mad for those too.

And besides, Supra population in europe isn't that strong. I believe that demand in US is greater than supply even then when they can import from europe/asia. Supra has always been a rare car and it is getting rarer all the time. It would be a nice to know how many Supras are in the whole Europe. In mobile.de there is like 30 or so on sale and few years ago there was like 200+...

The prices on Auto Trader / Piston Heads are ridiculous in most cases. Yes they can ASK that much for them, but I highly doubt they're selling for those prices....

Nobody doesn't ask ridiculous prices just for fun....

The prices on Auto Trader / Piston Heads are ridiculous in most cases. Yes they can ASK that much for them, but I highly doubt they're selling for those prices....

To be honest I'd take a punt at selling mine at a higher price and having it not sell for months.. let's face it some people don't think to look elsewhere, owners clubs etc. . Those people would see the current cars for sale at a set price.. an owner from here would be able to provide a far more in depth advert... I think comparatively a owners car would probably sell over the bodged adds on there a the moment.

And besides, Supra population in europe isn't that strong. I believe that demand in US is greater than supply even then when they can import from europe/asia. Supra has always been a rare car and it is getting rarer all the time. It would be a nice to know how many Supras are in the whole Europe. In mobile.de there is like 30 or so on sale and few years ago there was like 200+...

There are consistently around 1/3 the number for sale at any time in Japan than there was when I started looking on the Japanese sites 8 years ago... But I think the decline has tailed off to an extent thanks to the values climbing.