The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Alarm and Imobiliser - Cobra vs. Laserline

MATT RR

I'm getting a cat 1 alarm and immobilizer fitted in a couple of weeks. The company I'm using fit Cobra or Laserline and they asked which I want....

They say they are both pretty much the same so either will do the job as good as the other.

I'm tempted just to go with Cobra just because I know the brand, does anyone have any experience with either brand or have a recommendation for what I should choose and why?

All I expect is alarm, immobilizer and remote central locking which both will do.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

I've had two Cobra alarms mate (one on my Saxo, one on my first single Supra) and both were trouble free :) I has a laserline on my first Corrado VR6 and the immobiliser key was temperamental (though they won't use these anymore so probably irrelevant)

Is that through InCarTec?

I've had two Cobra alarms mate (one on my Saxo, one on my first single Supra) and both were trouble free :) I has a laserline on my first Corrado VR6 and the immobiliser key was temperamental (though they won't use these anymore so probably irrelevant)

Is that through InCarTec?

Cheers J, yeah Incartec in York, they did my last Supra as you probably remember but i have a feelng that was a clifford alarm!

Cheers J, yeah Incartec in York, they did my last Supra as you probably remember but i have a feelng that was a clifford alarm!

in fact yes it was clifford I just check my forum garage for the spec, been that long I forgot! :D They said they only do Cobra and Laserline now though