The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ls400 4pot brakes

Guest Karmasupra88

Guest Karmasupra88

Anyone heard or done the ls400 4pot brake upgrade. Whether it's bolt straight on or not as easy.

Want to put some new brakes on my new supra, but I can't honestly justify 2.5k on k sports atm as I'm spending money on the engine and few other things??

Thanks in advance

Jon_dragon on here has done the swap on his. A little material needs removing around the mounting point on the caliper, but it is only a tiny amount.

You can buy a full set of the oem larger brakes for circa £1700, they are cheaper than ksports but still very good brakes.

I've just done mine. Had to cut the dust shield to allow bigger disks and callipers bolted straight on. Some people say you have to file a bit down on callipers but I didn't have to. I did struggle to remove the hoses from the hard lines though, so I've still got the old hoses on.

Guest Karmasupra88
buy a set and some braded lines then come see me in Dorchester I will fit them for you

- - - Updated - - -

also the right brake discs and pads

What's the cost mate

- - - Updated - - -

I've just done mine. Had to cut the dust shield to allow bigger disks and callipers bolted straight on. Some people say you have to file a bit down on callipers but I didn't have to. I did struggle to remove the hoses from the hard lines though, so I've still got the old hoses on.

How much was the whole cost of discs calipers and pads and any links??

Guest Karmasupra88
There's currently one on eBay, but you can normally get a pair for around £120

EBay item no: 291697416881

Thanks pal