The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's a realistic budget for an NA?

Guest Chris_jellyman

Guest Chris_jellyman

I've noticed that the supra market has gone mental over the past few months, and with prices in Japan going up quickly too, it's reflecting over here. But I'm just wondering what the market for NA manuals is like at moment. I saw a really nice silver NA sell on here for £6k (I think) and it was a minter, but there is a gunmetal facelift for sale down the road from me and he's wanting £8.5k! I don't want to offend him with an offer but I would only really pay £6-£6,500 tops for it, it's nice but it's not perfect.

Guest wantasupraagain

hi just got back in to supras they have gone up alot. i just spent 6.5k on manual facelift. but i was happy as its near mint in my eyes. had fresh mot full service ect. 69k power mirrors ect.

im very happy. i think the one your talking about may be on ebay. i think its a bit high priced but for around 6.5k i think it woulld be sold within hours if any good.

why not show him what you have seen for sale and make an offer, have a look at my posts and see pic of mine as i think car looks like mine. if its the same

good luck

b

Guest Chris_jellyman

Yeah it's the eBay one. It is a nice spec car, recaros, it's on coilovers and seems to have some at least 2piece splits on it, he has had it for sale since December he said, I've never seen a supra for sale for that long before. I'll go see him again, but I just don't want to be "that guy" who thinks he knows more about the sellers car than the seller does, even though that seems to be the case. He mentioned that with a bolt on turbo kit NA-T style instead of a TT swap would put the price up go £10-12k, maybebhes got a little confused with the TT 6spd and TT auto market and is expecting his to follow? Who knows, hopefully I can get a decent price for it if it lets it go for a bit less than he wants. It would be a great base car for a TT conversion

Guest Chris_jellyman

Yeah it's that one. It looked tatty but like you said I haven't looked underneath either. If I can get it cheap then it would be worth it, it's a shame the market has gone nuts, but fingers crossed I can come across something soon. An NA-T came up that ticked the boxes but I missed out on it

Yeah it's that one. It looked tatty but like you said I haven't looked underneath either. If I can get it cheap then it would be worth it, it's a shame the market has gone nuts, but fingers crossed I can come across something soon. An NA-T came up that ticked the boxes but I missed out on it

I'd 100% want to see it up on a ramp before parting with any money. If the body has been so badly neglected, it may well be hiding some horrors underneath.

• 2 months later...
Guest CAPG618

I'm new on here to look for potential buyers for my Supra, only selling due to finances, it's a 1994 SZ na-t with 108000 miles in 202 Toyota Black, really nice car if anyone's interested, hoping to get 8 for it but from what I'm reading I'm doubtful so hit me with some offers.