The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TPS connector plug

slugger1

Yes because you are trying to connect the terminals to it from underneath and can't physically see the pins. It's a shame the TPS isn't mounted in the same way that the traction control sensor is because the connector faces out rather than down. Never mind!

I bought some multimeter crocodile clips from maplins for next to nothing, and it made it much easier to calibrate the TPS being able to put clips on the required pins.

Failing that I swear I read a thread on the US supra forums, where they were testing the TPS by putting the multimeter pins into the ECU plug/pins. If you google around you can probably find that thread.

I bought some multimeter crocodile clips from maplins for next to nothing, and it made it much easier to calibrate the TPS being able to put clips on the required pins.

Failing that I swear I read a thread on the US supra forums, where they were testing the TPS by putting the multimeter pins into the ECU plug/pins. If you google around you can probably find that thread.

I think I have found the thread you were referring to (post #10):

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?450071-TPS-Adjustment-Procedure-and-Testing-Procedure

Cheers for the help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.