The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new member, cant post in classifieds tho...

Guest iamneallyons

Guest iamneallyons
Nope I'm afraid you need to pay the membership fee to post in the classifieds or to buy something for sale.

so i cant get in touch with him unless i pay the £10 membership fee, nobody can get me his contact number?

Guest iamneallyons

its not really very welcoming if im honest, if i was able to get in touch with him and you guys helped me id be more enticed to joining the forum if i ended up buying the car - rather than pay £10 to contact someone, i agree if i ended up buying the car and then joined £10 is a bargain for membership but at present i dont have a supra! :S

its not really very welcoming if im honest, if i was able to get in touch with him and you guys helped me id be more enticed to joining the forum if i ended up buying the car - rather than pay £10 to contact someone, i agree if i ended up buying the car and then joined £10 is a bargain for membership but at present i dont have a supra! :S

If you are serious about owning a supra then £10 membership is small change. It's worth it for all the knowledge articles etc

Guest iamneallyons
If you are serious about owning a supra then £10 membership is small change. It's worth it for all the knowledge articles etc

of course its small change, its the principal though isnt it - i dont own a supra at the moment, im after contacting a guy thats selling his and the first thing im hit with is "pay £10 to contact him"

As above.

Not only that but even if you bought a supra elsewhere you would im 99% sure end up being a member on here, old cars go wrong.. this site and members are the best resource to save £££ in the long run.

of course its small change, its the principal though isnt it - i dont own a supra at the moment, im after contacting a guy thats selling his and the first thing im hit with is "pay £10 to contact him"

I guess if you don't want to abide by the terms and conditions you agreed with when you signed up then you are left with no other choice than to look else where :)

I'm sorry you feel that way but it is how this forum runs, if we had no members fee then everyone and their dog would just come here to buy stuff and never come back. That's not what this forum is for, it is primarily a information source the classifieds are just a courtesy we extend to help our members out.

It helps to filter out the chancers from the serious buyers too, a lot of people out there who want to rip people off so a fee puts some of them off helping to make sure no one gets stung.

Guest iamneallyons
It helps to filter out the chancers from the serious buyers too, a lot of people out there who want to rip people off so a fee puts some of them off helping to make sure no one gets stung.

trust me im not a chancer, just wanted to speak to the bloke - as iv said i know its a nothing sort of fee im a member on various forums and owners clubs so i know where your coming from.

trust me im not a chancer, just wanted to speak to the bloke - as iv said i know its a nothing sort of fee im a member on various forums and owners clubs so i know where your coming from.

I wasn't calling you a chancer I was just telling you why we do it the way we do.

Usually prospective supra owners gladly pay the membership to have access to and learn all the invaluable information and buying guides available, plus even ride alongs to help a purchase if a long standing member lived close by the location of the car, this may well save you readies in the future... You'll see plenty of new members posting who paid up and don't have a supra but want to say hello and ask advice before they buy - they all receive a warm welcome

Secondly - none of us would want our personal details handing to strangers on a forum. But after paying up you could ask for the membership name and you would be free to PM the guy for his number direct.

Hope it works out for you.

I'm kind of in the same boat as OP, interested in buying some items. My issue is when I click the membership link in post 2, it tells me access denied lol.

Like just about anyone, i'd prefer free to paid but I don't mind donating a few dollars to any Supra communities. I'm an American so I tend to use a different forum but the for sale section here seems to have a lot better selection of stock parts than the other forums.

Thanks

£10 is a bargain for membership but at present i dont have a supra! :S

I joined many many years ago...before I owned a Supra. ;)

As you say it's a bargain, and the wealth of knowledge and help on this forum is second to none.

And by paying the £10 membership will also open up a whole load of other Supras up for sale which may interest you as well. It's your call at the end of the day.

Usually prospective supra owners gladly pay the membership to have access to and learn all the invaluable information and buying guides available, plus even ride alongs to help a purchase if a long standing member lived close by the location of the car, this may well save you readies in the future... You'll see plenty of new members posting who paid up and don't have a supra but want to say hello and ask advice before they buy - they all receive a warm welcome

Exactly what I did.

Not quite got a Supra yet but getting there. (Hopefully on the next boat!)

I knew 100% that I was going to buy one and thus want to be a member on here so a £10 fee now or later it didn't really matter.