The mkiv Supra Owners Club

10 years ownership !!!!

mplavery

So I can't remember the exact day I picked up my Supra TT6 but i have now owned it for 10 YEARS !!!

At the time I was waiting for my Border bodykit to arrive for my MR2 turbo but was back order at the time... One of my mates noticed I kept on looking at Supra's which I was planning to have in the future and pushed me to cancel the bodykit and buy the Supra ..which did not take much convincing! .. So I starting looking on Japanese car auction looking for a black TT6, but every black one that turned up was not the right spec so I ended up with a silver one ..I purchased the car through Bonsai cars and paid £12500 with 50000 miles on the clock ..

Well it's been through some changes lol and now has 64454 miles so still low . It really is the best car I have owned and though I have been through some tough times building it the way I wanted and times where I almost sold it .. I'm still glad I have it

Though I have not done hardly any miles since I have owned it the only part that has ever failed is a wheel bearing .. THATS IT ! Got to love these cars

I really have had some great times meeting you lot , doing stuff with the club, meets, shows, mag features and going to Rotterdame to 100% tuning .. Really been a great journey

I still don't have any plans to sell it and I'm in the process of having new wheels and a few minor changes to the bodywork + more gold under the hood ! . And of course I will go single one day once I stop playing and spending money on my motorbikes lol

Here are a few pics

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

Cheers chaps :cool:

Go back 5 years and I would not be too fussed selling it but now there hard to get hold i don't want to get rid of it. I still have a soft spot for a R34 GTR .. Always loved those cars but not enough to pay £30k+ for one.. I rather up the power on mine

Very difficult to part with them once you have been bitten by the bug :-)

I have mine 13 years this year, unfortunately it's been off the road for the last 5 as it was stolen and damaged.

But its nearly sorted, should be back for the summer better than ever :-)

Lovely! Always nice when chicks own such nice examples, although I'm madly jealous!!

Us chicks have to stick together lol must be the way I walk or my love humps

Very difficult to part with them once you have been bitten by the bug :-)

I have mine 13 years this year, unfortunately it's been off the road for the last 5 as it was stolen and damaged.

But its nearly sorted, should be back for the summer better than ever :-)

I have the bug and lost the bug many times .. .. the car has not moved for 18 months as I have been playing around on my other toys so its nice to come back too

been playing around with my bike, will be going on the dyno soon as its had a few little things added ..

I have the bug and lost the bug many times .. .. the car has not moved for 18 months as I have been playing around on my other toys so its nice to come back too

been playing around with my bike, will be going on the dyno soon as its had a few little things added ..

Now that's just not fair, 2 fabulous machines.

I remember when I was 16, asking my parents permission to buy a bike, their refusal is probably the reason I'm still alive.

Drive safe :-).

Now that's just not fair, 2 fabulous machines.

I remember when I was 16, asking my parents permission to buy a bike, their refusal is probably the reason I'm still alive.

Drive safe :-).

You are very vulnerable.. You can be a great rider but sometimes you won't avoid the stupidity of other road users .. HOWEVER IMO a bike can give so much more excitement then a car lol

Great to see you still have the love. It was a real inspired choice of yours with the Renault yellow, so eye catching and the supra really pulls it off. I've had mine for 6 and a bit and used it as a daily driver, still love it.

I remember when I trying to figure out in my head to see if liquid yellow would work, I could see it would work well but there was a big gamble that it wouldn't too lol

Luckily enough it all worked out

You are very vulnerable.. You can be a great rider but sometimes you won't avoid the stupidity of other road users .. HOWEVER IMO a bike can give so much more excitement then a car lol

For sure, way to many idiots out there doing the most ridiculously stupid things. The standard of driving seems to be getting worse, here anyway.

I'm going to take your word for the second bit :-)

18 years here, you guys are all newbies.

Still got the same body kit, the same paint, the same wheels, the same engine, the same transmission, the same interior. The petrol is fairly new.

lol Jesus ! that is a long time.. must be one of the longest ownership in the club ?