The mkiv Supra Owners Club

water marks and spoiler removal!

masterfett

Rather than starting two threads being that the two went hand in hand i thought i would just create one.

Having some serious issues with water marks on the rear spoiler and front bumper. I have tried everything i can think of to remove them, T cut, Polish, WD 40, Vinegar .. nothing will shift them! has anyone got any tricks to remove them? it almost seems like it has got under the paint?

i removed the rear spoiler in order to A) try and sort the water marks and B) also clean around the bootlid where it sits as it was a bit grimey, i have plugged the holes with grommets for the time being, but actually im really liking the de-spoilered look. Because my car is stock bodied i dont want to make it permanent so i was thinking if i cut the bolts that attatch the spoiler down so they dont poke out the top and then use filler to smooth off the top and respray, i can then re attatch the rear spoiler at a later date should i so wish. Has anyone done this? if not does anyone have any better ideas on how to do this?