The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CPU/Ram/MBoard bundle i7 3770k, P8z77-V Pro, Ballistix RAM, Liquid Cooler

Scott

I'm looking to upgrade my main PC so my current main setup is up for sale. The PC is simply my media server, it barely gets past idling but I like my gadgets/toys and I fancy an upgrade (I like building things lol).

For those in the know I'm guessing the brief description of the parts I'm selling will say all that's required but I'll go into a little more detail for those curious of just how capable what I'm offering here is....

CPU - Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz processor (Ivy Bridge)

Motherboard - Asus P8z77-v Pro

Memory - 8GB (2x4gb) Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1600mhz CL8

Cooler - Corsair H60 Hydro Sealed Liquid Cooler

Processor - Known as one of the best processors on the market. It still holds its own against the most current CPUs so it really is an amazing bit of kit. It's one of the most overclockable CPUs I've ever had, this CPU holds the current world record for SuperPi calculations. I'm currently number 4 on this list, I never could crack the record :D

http://www.superpi.net/Scores/?action=searchScores&test=-7&vendor=Intel&platform=Desktop&series=&rpp=20

Motherboard - The P8z77-v Pro was THE option for the CPU. It wasn't the most expensive that could be bought but there was nothing on the market that performed any better. This motherboard has every option and extra you could ever want, including built in wireless. If you click on the link above you'll notice a pattern emerge with the motherboards used ;) It's also VERY pretty :D

Memory - The Ballistix Tactical RAM was also a very specific pairing that I went for. Stupidly overclockable RAM that lended itself perfectly to stretching the legs of the CPU. This RAM allows the whole setup to happily sit overclocked at 4.5Ghz with absolutely zero drawbacks. This is some record breaking RAM. It can be tweaked on so many different levels depending on the sort of rig you are looking to build.

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/blt2cp4g3d1608dt1tx0ceu

Cooler - As with any high end PC you want to be running a decent cooler. The H60 is a sealed liquid cooled unit which means zero maintenance. This kit allows the CPU to run super cool even when at high load (I stress test everything I build). The benefits of such a unit are that it's far more efficient than an air cooled unit and because of this they are far quieter than premium air heatsinks.

I've only ever pushed this CPU for a bit of benchmarking. I'm not a gamer, I don't even have a graphics card lol, so this PC has had such an easy life (99% streaming/storing). I may have boxes for everything, I'm almost positive I at least have the Motherboard packaging, but everything will be either in it's original packaging or packaged very well for obvious reasons.

Here is a picture of my whole setup:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11312651_10153328688614168_6297449185687896994_o.jpg

Keep in mind that you'll need a decent PSU to power this. It's really high end kit so I would always recommend a high end PSU for safety.

£350 + P&P. I'm only willing to post insured but I'm happy to use any courier you wish at cost. I don't expect it to be any more than £20 total.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.