The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to this Forum. Go figure a newbie already asking questions before searching!!

98Supra6Spd

I have been lucky enough to own a Black on Black 54K mile, late build month, 98 Supra 6-Speed with the Targa top.

I purchased it on New Years Eve of 2003 with almost 47K miles on it when it was basically stock other than the down pipe. I have gone about as far as I care to with it in the current BPU++ stage.

I am in the process of having the car completely stripped an re-painted Lamborghini Grigio Lynx Grey. I have never seen a Supra painted this color here in the states, but to my surprise one of the Forum members from the Netherlands, beat me to it and painted his last year. I was trying to find a color that no one else had used and that I really liked. I plan on reaching out to him soon to ask him about his 94 Single turbo Supra.

I know from a resale aspect I should leave it all original, but I am bored with the black paint and tired of the swirl marks and the upkeep of owning a black car. I hope this doesn't depreciate my car too much, but who the hell cares, I don't plan on ever selling it anyway. My one and only 16 year old daughter has already called dibs on the car and wants me to add it to our will with her as the sole recipient if anything ever happens to me. I told her that I prefer that she have them bury my big 6'4" ass in it.

Here is my first post on this Forum and I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to picking some of your brains regarding upgrading to a single turbo, what type of internal antenna should I purchase, now that my CB style OEM antenna is in the process of being shaved.

I also would ask those of you who re-painted your Supra, if you also painted the plastic 3-4" grayish-black, textured pieces along the entire bottom portion of our cars? Are you glad you painted them and did you stick with the body color or did you choose some sort of black paint to hide the possible rock chip marks? Did your paint flake or chip off leaving you with an unsightly looking panel? Would you do it all over again and paint the bottom plastic pieces or would you have left it unpainted like it originally came from the factory.

This is the first time I have let someone work on my car. I have installed everything from the Greddy 3 row front mount intercooler to the KW VARIANT 3 brand coil over suspension.

I hate letting people work on it. I consider myself a YOU-TUBE CERTIFIED want a be mechanic. I know my limitations when it comes to doing body work and prepping a car for paint. I offered to disassemble and reassemble it but he said it would not save me much at all, and my painters shop is 180 miles from my home. So I broke down and realized I'm going to have to pay to have it done correctly.

Thanks in advance to all of you that respond to my first of many questions.

I have searched on other sites regarding aftermarket antennas but I did not want to install an S2000 stubby antenna. I just hope I can find something that gives me decent reception.

Edited by Pete
Made it a bit more readable with carriage returns (see edit history)

Guest royNL

Hello!

Welcome here! :cool:

I'm the dutch Grigio Lynx Supra owner but its still under construction haha.

Post some pics of Your Supra please :)

I got over it real quick though. Yours is waaaaay more extensive than my paint job. Did you paint the plastic textured pieces along the bottom of your car? That motor of your looks wicked. I'm 43 so I'm going to have to ask my daughter how to post pictures from my phone and I-Pad onto this site. God that is pathetic on my part. Your car looks phenomenal. How ungodly expensive was it to strip the entire car down and paint what appears to be every square inch of the vehicle. God I wish I could do that but my car is still rust free. It was a southern car before I bought it and moved it to Michigan. It has never even seen rain let alone salted snow covered roads. Could you forward me some pictures of your car. PM me and I willl give you my e-mail address so that I can forward them over to my painter so that he can see how a properly prepped and painted car should look. Whoever painted yours really did an excellent job. My painter said it will be somewhere between 250-300 hours depending on if I have my FIKSE FM-10's painted and if I have them roll my fenders. The fronts are 18X10 with a 265/35/18 Pirelli P-Zero Assymetrico tires and the rears are 18X11.5 with same Pirelli tires in a 295/30/18. I have heard that 305/30/19 fit as well as 315/30/18 on the rear but I am unsure if that was with rolled fenders, I assume it was, and how the suspension sits. I have had a hell of a time setting up the KW VARIANT 3 coil over suspension. Too me it seems way too rough but than again I am driving on the pot hole covered MI roads that suck so bad it's not even funny. Oh well thanks for responding and I'd love to pick your brain on you car build and anything you are glad you did or wish you didn't do along the way.

I'm 43 so I'm going to have to ask my daughter how to post pictures from my phone and I-Pad onto this site.

Go to the app store and download Tapatalk. It is an excellent forum browsing app that this board is compatible with. Open it and search mkiv supra and it should pop the board right up and you'll have the ability to add pictures to posts provided you have them on the ipad already. Let me know if you cant figure it out, I use Tapatalk for this and other boards almost hourly now haha. Cant wait to see it!

I had always wanted to ask people to post the last few of their VIN #'s as well as the production month to see if we could figure out what the last number vehicle was. I met a Toyota mechanic once at car show that also owned a Supra and he told me mine was produced towards the end of the US production based on the month of my car. My car is 180 miles away at a body shop. They have been storing it indoors in a climate controlled new garage since October 8th of last year. I agree I think that would be awesome to own the last Supra ever produced.

Guest royNL
I got over it real quick though. Yours is waaaaay more extensive than my paint job. Did you paint the plastic textured pieces along the bottom of your car? That motor of your looks wicked. I'm 43 so I'm going to have to ask my daughter how to post pictures from my phone and I-Pad onto this site. God that is pathetic on my part. Your car looks phenomenal. How ungodly expensive was it to strip the entire car down and paint what appears to be every square inch of the vehicle. God I wish I could do that but my car is still rust free. It was a southern car before I bought it and moved it to Michigan. It has never even seen rain let alone salted snow covered roads. Could you forward me some pictures of your car. PM me and I willl give you my e-mail address so that I can forward them over to my painter so that he can see how a properly prepped and painted car should look. Whoever painted yours really did an excellent job. My painter said it will be somewhere between 250-300 hours depending on if I have my FIKSE FM-10's painted and if I have them roll my fenders. The fronts are 18X10 with a 265/35/18 Pirelli P-Zero Assymetrico tires and the rears are 18X11.5 with same Pirelli tires in a 295/30/18. I have heard that 305/30/19 fit as well as 315/30/18 on the rear but I am unsure if that was with rolled fenders, I assume it was, and how the suspension sits. I have had a hell of a time setting up the KW VARIANT 3 coil over suspension. Too me it seems way too rough but than again I am driving on the pot hole covered MI roads that suck so bad it's not even funny. Oh well thanks for responding and I'd love to pick your brain on you car build and anything you are glad you did or wish you didn't do along the way.

I have a Ridox body so I don't have the plastic pieces along te bottom.

But I think it looks better when You paint them.

I stripped my car completely myself. The painter only stripped the windows for me. (terrible job but its totally worth it)

Repainting a car is never cheap, do it perfectly so You never regret it :p

Here some pics from my paint job ( I send You my email adres for if You want more pics )

OK, I'm finished spamming my car :D

Put some pics of Your car here :cool:

Put some pics of Your car here :cool:

Nothing special yet. Still waiting on my sponsor (wife) to pull through for me lol. But being in Japan I have pretty amazing access to some awesome parts, and being military I have access to a stocked public use garage with all the toys I'll ever need for next to nothing in terms of cost to use. Hopefully I'll start making some stuff happen soon.

IMG_0195.jpg

Someone in the first few posts said something about there being women here..... lying ****er :D

Well, can't say I've been here for very long but some of the threads I've read through have profiles claiming to be women, so benefit of the doubt and all that :donkey: