The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sticking oem sideskirt top part

linconhawk

Hi all,

When you open the door you have the "lip" of the side skirt that sits on top of the sill... mine is loose and is coming away from the actual sill.

I bought some Mammouth tape about a week ago, stuck it back and it seemed to be perfect, this morning I noticed its come away again...

I lifted the "lip" of the side skirt and the tape just peeled straight off...

I bought some tiger seal this morning, but it was too messy and I have no way of putting downwards pressure to hold it...

Is there any other tape that would be good for this ?

Where the tape is under the "lip" water gets behind there from the door, could this be the problem and the reason why the tape didn't stick properly ?

Any help much appreciated

Use the halfords double sided tape, dark green backing. Take the skirt of, clean it all up, lay it down and fit the skirt. Then give the top a nice squeeze/push on it to put some pressure on the tape. Will stick nice and strong :)

Use the halfords double sided tape, dark green backing. Take the skirt of, clean it all up, lay it down and fit the skirt. Then give the top a nice squeeze/push on it to put some pressure on the tape. Will stick nice and strong :)

Yup, this.... Or Maybe not. Harris is the one I got from halfords tho. And sounds the same. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457364181.023137.jpg

Mega sticky, also very thin, and hasn't moved or came away in the 9month since I stuck them on.