The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skline TYPE screen with all the cool info

TRD3000GT

I would love an LCD screen in my car that has almost the exact same features as the R34's

I have been thinking about this and I know about the HKS camp etc etc but it just does not look as good...

Does anyone want to consider a custom setup that I could help put together and we could distribute to memebers?

Somebody in germany build something like this for his MR2 but he went a little bit further and used a touchscreen. And now he can control the whole car from the touchscreen like heater controls, lights, navigation, hifi, dvd, external cameras and all these things...

It has dataloggin and every other feature you could think of :)

LOL @ Scoboblio...

Chris, surely you could make good use of a car computer. It could be used to display all sorts of info, limit would be your imagination - all you need is the correct I/O interfacing, plus as a bonus, you would get sat-nav, MP3, internet (through a bluetooth phone or similar) data logging - don't know much more about this as its a long time since I bothered keeping up with computers - they are just expensive word processors, and somehwree to keep a large wadge of MP3's.

Someone who knows a hell of a lot more than computers than me should be along shortly.

Excellent Idea Chris especially if it was to fit in the double din slot and it was flush....but guess it means you would have no tuner, unless you could combine it somehow.....the other thing that would be worth a try is something which has phono outputs then i could plug it into my screen via the TV tuner as that has video input and just select TV setting and hey presto info would come up on the Alpine Screen!