The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aspiring Member

Guest EddieFosts

Guest EddieFosts

Hi folks,

Having read through the supra buying guide on the forum, which was incredibly useful so thanks for that!, I'm wondering if anyone has any input on what sortve price I should realistically be looking at for a twin turbo Supra. I'm happy with the auto box and was looking at between 8-9k. Is that sensible money or should I realistically look to spend more? I do have a second car but love the idea of using the supra as my main / daily driver and have heard that is fairly feasible even at BPU level! Any input much appreciated but hopefully I'll have a little build thread going in the next month or so!

Cheers, Eddie

Hi Eddie, and welcome :)

That budget should get you a nice twin turbo auto, and that money will either get you a nice UK spec or facelift Jspec, or a top example of a pre-facelift Jspec.

It is entirely possible to use them daily, they are very well built cars, and any reliability issues tend to relate to poorly fitted/manufactured aftermarket parts. Fuel economy is obviously pretty poor for daily driving, but the general reliability of them makes up for that imo.

BPU won't make any difference to the reliability if it had been done to a high standard. :)

Personally, I would ask a few importers about getting you one straight from Japan, it should be possible on your budget, and it will likely be entirely rust free. You can then get it fully waxoyled etc, and rust should never be an issue as long as you keep on top of prevention :)

I agree that your budget is fine for an auto and I think you could get a nice one for less if you are lucky. I would advise taking your time finding one or perhaps as above enquiring into a fresh import. They seem to be really thin on the ground these days, very few for sale at any one time. Key is to be patient but ready to act quickly.

Guest EddieFosts

Cheers for the prompt responses! Glad I'm in the right ball park! Didn't even think of importing it as I wouldn't have the first clue on how to do such a thing! :shrug: Might have a look into it but I'll keep my eyes peeled other than that as I've noticed how scarce they seem to be!

Eddie

Cheers for the prompt responses! Glad I'm in the right ball park! Didn't even think of importing it as I wouldn't have the first clue on how to do such a thing! :shrug: Might have a look into it but I'll keep my eyes peeled other than that as I've noticed how scarce they seem to be!

Eddie

Get in contact with JM Imports :) they are a club trader, and a very good Importer to deal with :)