The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st time going to nurburg

coza

I've been a couple of times, and I know Bignum has been (with video evidence :D)

Just take your time, don't push yourself or the car too hard, and don't race other people.

Don't underestimate how dangerous it is, the track is complex, and there are no run off areas over much of it.

Personally, I would fit new brake pads and discs before going, do a full fluid change etc. Get some practice in on a half decent computer game, as it does help with familiarising yourself with the track.

And have fun :)

I've been a couple of times, and I know Bignum has been (with video evidence :D)

Just take your time, don't push yourself or the car too hard, and don't race other people.

Don't underestimate how dangerous it is, the track is complex, and there are no run off areas over much of it.

Personally, I would fit new brake pads and discs before going, do a full fluid change etc. Get some practice in on a half decent computer game, as it does help with familiarising yourself with the track.

And have fun :)

This^^

Plus have some decent tyres on maybe get a geo set up if your car is rough.

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

My advice would be mirrors, mirrors and mirrors.

I've been twice and it's crazy how fast things sneak up on you

And keep to the right where possible :D the number of newbs I see on there who just take whatever line they want is staggering.

Research how much it could cost you if it goes wrong!, practice the track on gt4/5 so you have a rough idea of where the track goes, do a couple of trackdays over here 1st so you know how your car handles,watch out for dickheads going round, seems to be more nowadays.

It really depends how fast you want to drive at the Ring, i don`t think there`s any point going all that way and tootling round, but thats me.

But mostly enjoy it and more importantly respect it, it can be dangerous.

Turn your boost way down!

Check tires and allignment

Check brake pads + discs and replace them if needed

Full fluid change, especially brakes

Take your time getting to know the track. Follow the lines of more experienced drivers (you'll recognize them) to learn the track, just don't try to keep up!

Great experience.

Although I agree with the Mirrors comment.

Concentrating to hard on your mirrors will just put you off and ruin the enjoyment.

Most people over there are all very sounds and everyone is there for the same thing so you'll be fine just don't out drive yourself. Drive your own lap, use your common sense and you'll be fine. To be honest if your half sensible you'll be to nervous first lap to be a hero anyway.

Go. Have a great time. I'm

Off there again I'm October. It's an addictive trip and very good fun.

Don't expect to see records. But I also doubt you'll be the slowest on track either. There's everything there.

All I do is make sure car is prepared!

Brakes/tyres/alignment/fluids etc.

And take spares(of above) just incase

It's a lot of stress in the car and worth making sure it's Upto the job and will last. Don't need to build a race car. But just make sure you can fully rely on yours

It's scary in the wet, very slippy.

But on the other hand I did my first lap in the pouring rain.

And I'd do it again. All the nerves over the track, conditions etc were a little overwhelming BUT because it was wet not one car caught up or came past as they stayed in the cafe. So it meant I didn't have to think about other people behind me which took the pressure off. But saying that I was in my Evo with good wet tyres and 4wd not sure if be so brave in a Supra.

Basically make sure cars ok, use your common sense and you'll be fine.

If you go out thinking your billy big kahunas. You'll soon be humbled by the circuit or some local tyke in little track you that'll leave you for dead lol!

It's a great place to goad watch meganes forcing GTRs, Ferraris abd Porsches out the way.

I wouldn't go there until you know the track by heart .... I did at least 100 laps on Grand Tourismo before going on the Ring with my Supra.

You have to be aware that you are not alone on the track ... others faults may ruin your trip too.

And dont try to be a hero if something rubbish is quicker than you, let it pass

If you have a saxo or clio up your arse just get out the way when safe to do so

Its not like in the uk where people think they are a driving god for overtaking a faster car and want to go to the media about it

My mates saxo runs very low 8s so ive seen how people react and feel they cant let him pass because its a saxo lol