The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried one of the link ECU's

fastcar

Anyone tried one of these ECU's from Link? It's a plug and play system for the supra http://www.linkecu.com/TS2JZPlus

I'm BPU at the moment on Hybrids but looking to go small single in the near future! I know the Syvecs has a good name on here but just looking at exploring other avenues.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

In arvance

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spoken to one of the suppliers and he said few drift guys run this ecu. I'm considering it for my next purchase.

Did they know if it has any issues running the sequential setup?

I've got a Link G4+ (Storm, I think.) very happy with the price and features.

Are you running single mate or sequential TT setup?

I had a customer car in on an older Link ECU, from memory a G3, but I will have it in my notes somewhere. I had a fiddle with the map and the software was intuitive to use and the forum for users offered good support. The car drove well, it was a single turbo automatic. I was impressed by the ecu and mapping software and am considering a Link for another project. Running the sequential turbos, err, sequentially is not trivial. I wouldn't know which Link ecu could do that, you would need to ask on their forum if it's been done before.

I had a customer car in on an older Link ECU, from memory a G3, but I will have it in my notes somewhere. I had a fiddle with the map and the software was intuitive to use and the forum for users offered good support. The car drove well, it was a single turbo automatic. I was impressed by the ecu and mapping software and am considering a Link for another project. Running the sequential turbos, err, sequentially is not trivial. I wouldn't know which Link ecu could do that, you would need to ask on their forum if it's been done before.

Thanks for that Chris! Do many standalones have issues running the sequential setup?

Thanks for that Chris! Do many standalones have issues running the sequential setup?

There are probably lots of 2JZ-GTE engines running after market ecu's controlling none Tiptronic stuff including sequential turbos,but the only one I know of personally that worked flawlessly was a Motec M800. All 4 VSV's are simply toggled on and off, not PWM controlled, but it's knowing WHEN they should be toggled :) So if there are enough inputs and outputs it's then down to the mapping and having suitable 2 or 3D tables available for the outputs.

Just glancing at the G4 plus ecu's I would say the cheapest of any real sophistication is the Storm model.

As mentioned, drifters swear by them. I'm considering one at some point down the line as it seems to offer better support than AEM

I've had no issues with support from AEM to be fair mate, plenty of help about and plenty fitted to NA-T's albeit in the states

Agreed, but if you really want an aftermarket ECU on stock twins, seems like the easiest option.

Before Syvecs existed I had the first version of the AEM PnP ECU running on my the stock twins, you could fine tune the switch over point by adjusting the RPM at which each VSV opened, using the AEM meant I could also increase boost on the first turbo alone and then again when both were online, myself and Pat spent hours mapping and it worked really well, so it can be done and the AEM logic was quote simple, rpm based switched outputs from memory.

There are probably lots of 2JZ-GTE engines running after market ecu's controlling none Tiptronic stuff including sequential turbos,but the only one I know of personally that worked flawlessly was a Motec M800. All 4 VSV's are simply toggled on and off, not PWM controlled, but it's knowing WHEN they should be toggled :) So if there are enough inputs and outputs it's then down to the mapping and having suitable 2 or 3D tables available for the outputs.

Just glancing at the G4 plus ecu's I would say the cheapest of any real sophistication is the Storm model.

Had a feeling you were going to say the motec lol. Expensive! But a good piece of kit, something that works flawlessly is priceless though I guess!

Do you know if a plug and play loom for the Motec can be brought for the TT6 supra?

The VSV's are the problem which is why I'm guessing most switch over to TTC mode when running an aftermarket ECU

Before Syvecs existed I had the first version of the AEM PnP ECU running on my the stock twins, you could fine tune the switch over point by adjusting the RPM at which each VSV opened, using the AEM meant I could also increase boost on the first turbo alone and then again when both were online, myself and Pat spent hours mapping and it worked really well, so it can be done and the AEM logic was quote simple, rpm based switched outputs from memory.

Interesting - seems like this might be a solution for the OP :)

It would be the easiest option but I really like the sequential setup of the supra, it's the perfect road setup! And to be honest I'm not known for doing things the easy way:d

Know exactly what you mean, seems bit of a waste having all the setup for it in the engine and not using it.

Sounds like another good option! I think what ever ECU I go for is going to see me spending a lot of time and money on the dyno with the mapper:blink:

I've had no issues with support from AEM to be fair mate, plenty of help about and plenty fitted to NA-T's albeit in the states

Ahh okay, that's good to know. Seems as though every thread I read flamed AEM support. Especially for their older units :)

Interesting - seems like this might be a solution for the OP :)

Know exactly what you mean, seems bit of a waste having all the setup for it in the engine and not using it.

Yeah exactly that! I'm still in two minds whether to go single as I am slightly worried about losing that drivability as in the respond side of things! Even when I do go single i wouldn't want any more then 550BHp at the fly