The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rocker Cover / Cam Cover Bolts

a98pmalcolm

Hey peps.

I was checking my cam cover to see if there was any oil residue between the head and it.

There was a little so I went to tighten the cam cover bolts up. They seemed pretty loose but I noticed there was some sort of rubber that had stiffed from heat over the years and was perishing away from under the head of the bolt.

Do the bolts have this rubber built in like some cars do or is it separate?

Thanks

Paul

Get new cam cover seals as well, they also go hard and have no give in them when you tighten the

bolts then you can easily crack the cam covers themselves

Don't over tighten the bolts, I think there only something like 5.5nm or 49 in lbf

ok thannks bud. I only replaced them 1 or 2 years ago. Still worth changing DNK?

ok thannks bud. I only replaced them 1 or 2 years ago. Still worth changing DNK?

Should be okay if you've replaced them and they're only 2 years old, easily checked if you take the cover off and see how

supple they still are.