The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bugger......

Scoboblio

Got back from a very long day at work to find my car's been broken into :(

Driver's window smashed (pried off with a crow-bar by the looks of it, dents in the door frame), stereo removed by literally ripping the f**k out of the dash board (completely screwed), alarm siren broken, and numerous dents and scratches.

I shouldn't have even been working this evening but a workmate phoned in sick and I covered for him. Right now I just feel numb about it all.

The real kicker? If I claim on my insurance;

1: My excess will probably be close to the cost of repairing it myself

2: My loss of no claims will make it impossible to 'insure' next year.

I'm damn tired and I'm supposed to be getting up again at 05:00 for another day of fun and games.

Think I'm just going to get drunk instead.

BUT a big thanks goes to Essex police for arriving within 5 minutes, taking evidence from the scene, and arranging for a phorensics (sp?) team to give it a go over in the morning from the RAC place. I really didn't expect this kind of reaction for a simple car burglary, really impressed :thumbs:

God that sucks :(

But hey, look on the bright side: if you're really lucky they'll catch the wankers that did it and in 12 to 18 months time they'll be convicted and be given 30mins community service and be ordered to pay you compensation at £5 a month, which they will promptly never pay a penny of.

Was it a really great stereo that was worth causing all these hundreds of pounds damage for?

It'a horrible feeling when this happens isn't it. But that's really impressive with the police coming so quick etc... be good if they actually catch the little fu$£&*s. Did you leave the fron on the stereo?? I once parked my car in a Sainsburys car park in Camden and they stole the back half of my tape player head unit, some home made tapes, a mates jacket that was in the back and a bag of my dirty washing.

Sorry to hear this mate. It really sucks.

I hate leaving my car in public car parks for that very reason. I fact whenever I go back to it, after I've left it, I always look around it to see if its been keyed or broken into etc. I suppose I just expect the worse in people these days :(

All over a poxy stereo. I'm sure that if they said they were going to cause that much damage nicking it, you'd have willingly given it to them, I know I would.

I must admit that incidences like this are the main thing that talk me out of buying aftermarket ICE to replace the OEM one, when I feel I'd like to replace it.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Thanks for the comments and consolations guys :thumbs:

Just waiting now for the police to get back to me, then I can asses the damage and see how bad it is.

May well be on the lookout for a new centre console, door seals etc but for now I just need to make sure that the bugger starts.

Another question... the car's fitted with a lazerline cat 1 alarm and immobiliser. Shouldn't that have deadlocks? Looks like they smashed the window and opened the door because they didn't have any problems reaching the glovebox. I was under the impression that the doors should lock automatically if a window is broken :conf:

Guest boyracer11

any of u guys watched terminator 2, right at the beginning, some guy is trying to steal a car, and gets electricuted :) dont ya think thats a good system to incorporate on the car, warn em not to come close if they do ZZZZZZZZZZZZAPPPP haha