The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric Seat Issue

a98pmalcolm

Typical the forum is down when I need it the most lol..

Good to see it all back up :)

Ok today was an annoying day but I googled the crap out of it and I think I found my answer through other forums and websites ect.

Today I moved my seat right back, and when I went to move it forward the non switch side jammed. Meaning I near on is was super difficult to drive the car back home.

The motor still was clicking and trying to move the switch side forward. But no movement on the left.

I found a plastic screw on the floor which I ended up finding out it came from the under the left side.

I found out the left runs on a cog and the white plastic screw thing is part of that.

Looks like I will need to take the seat out of the car to refit it.

I also found out that the seat can be manually moved forward using a 10mm socket under the seat and 12mm the switch side. So My seat is in a derivable way.

Has anyone else had this issue?

The white screw:

I think the screw goes here:

Yup have same problem, it will fit back in however it will fall right out again. Its a case of once its gone its gone.

Can someone not machine a new cog? a nice metal one that screws up tight?

Its always amazed me the seats lasted as long as it did with theat plastic all that held the gears in

I have just bought 2 cogs and 2 caps of that website. So if it fits I can sell the other cap and cog to a member :)

The guy at the website said It should fit fine

I will let you know how I get on

Yes they will fit, i repaired my seat with gears from gamiviti. Be careful when you install new gears to the saft, they crack pretty easy. Its very important that both seat rails are exactly in the same position when you put things together, if they are out of position even a little, it will chew new gears up very fast :taped: