The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Replacement Front Brake Discs for 4 piston UK Calipers

Sheefa

Hi all

I've done a bit of a search but struggling to really know what to go with here.

My brakes discs still have life in them but planning on changing them shortly. They're UK Calipers.

What do people recommend using these days beside the OEM discs? Are the DBA drilled and slotted ones any good?

Thanks

Greg

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

The larger Supra calipers are 4 pot.

I used Project Mu SCR-Pro discs on mine for years, they are quite a bit lighter than stock but are not cheap, if you want the 'best' I'd look at the following: Project Mu SCR-Pro, Project Mu SCR-GT or Endless Racing Discs all are available to fit the stock front 4pot calipers.

If you want 'best value for money' OEM Toyota discs.

Hey Greg, try having a look at Project MU discs, I used to run them on my old Sup and loved them.

Also the UK calipers are 4pots :)

Having a blonde moment! Thanks mate I'll look into them. Assume direct replacement? ;)

I also have the Project Mu SCR PRO 2-piece brake discs at front and Brembo slotted rear discs. Project Mu Discs are really nice. -> http://www.project-mu.com.au/en/products/rotor_scrpro.php

Thanks mate I'll take a look :)

Over £630 for a pair of discs :blink:

Edited the price as its in Oz dollars so a bit better but still too much for my wallet compared

to OE at £160

I know what you mean Dunk. I don't want to pay any more than £400ish really for the fronts and I'd expect 3-4K miles out of them.

The larger Supra calipers are 4 pot.

I used Project Mu SCR-Pro discs on mine for years, they are quite a bit lighter than stock but are not cheap, if you want the 'best' I'd look at the following: Project Mu SCR-Pro, Project Mu SCR-GT or Endless Racing Discs all are available to fit the stock front 4pot calipers.

If you want 'best value for money' OEM Toyota discs.

That's great thanks Nic. I'll do some further investigating of them all ;)

I am running Project MU too , 8 years now and a couple of track days!

Rhdjapan have promo's on ever so often , think they are about 400 gbp mark

http://www.rhdjapan.com/search/engine/toyota_supra_jza80-zenki-5-93-7-94-eng-2jz-gte/model/toyota_supra/car/toyota/brands/project-mu/category/handling_brake-rotors/

Thanks mate that fits my max budget so will take a look. Any noticeable fading on the track days or after heavy street use?

Trouble is with uk`s you can`t get any decent pads now, there`s someone selling a Brembo f50 setup on here, parry? really good brakes and massive pad choice.

Are the Porterfields crap then mate? I remember you mentioned this last time but assumed it was discs that were limited. CW fast road pads available for UK spec?

Having a blonde moment! Thanks mate I'll look into them. Assume direct replacement? ;)

Thanks mate I'll take a look :)

I know what you mean Dunk. I don't want to pay any more than £400ish really for the fronts and I'd expect 3-4K miles out of them.

That's great thanks Nic. I'll do some further investigating of them all ;)

Thanks mate that fits my max budget so will take a look. Any noticeable fading on the track days or after heavy street use?

Fine on track zero issue with brakes , track I was on is hard on brakes too :) I was driving her on

I have the Endeless CCX in there now , find them excellent on track and street , zero dust but sadly discontinued , Project MU pads where in their prior and zero dust, could not fault them ; just used on the road

http://www.rhdjapan.com/search/engine/toyota_supra_jza80-zenki-5-93-7-94-eng-2jz-gte/model/toyota_supra/car/toyota/category/handling_brake-pads/

MX72 is the new uprated CCX pad;

The wear of the pad is also exceptionally low, mine are in there after 2 track days and a total of 80,000 KM; still alot of meat left , I would drive her on in the summers on the B Roads , will be getting them again

They are about 200 for a full set

http://www.endless-brake.info/index.php/products/brake-pads/street-compounds/item/mx72?category_id=2

I have the Endeless CCX in there now , find them excellent on track and street , zero dust but sadly discontinued , Project MU pads where in their prior and zero dust, could not fault them ; just used on the road

http://www.rhdjapan.com/search/engine/toyota_supra_jza80-zenki-5-93-7-94-eng-2jz-gte/model/toyota_supra/car/toyota/category/handling_brake-pads/

MX72 is the new uprated CCX pad;

The wear of the pad is also exceptionally low, mine are in there after 2 track days and a total of 80,000 KM; still alot of meat left , I would drive her on in the summers on the B Roads , will be getting them again

They are about 200 for a full set

http://www.endless-brake.info/index.php/products/brake-pads/street-compounds/item/mx72?category_id=2

That's great thank you very much mate I'll probably go for those pads then alongside Project MU discs. Cheers :)

Project MU pads I had where NS type

On the Endless pads , they will dust with Track use! Good caking on my wheels

Initial bite , pedal feel is excellent and very easy to modulate the pedal

I used Endless MX72 pads, brilliant on the road, never tried them on the track.

I am running Project MU too , 8 yearsad now and a couple of track days!

My Project Mu scr pro discs were on for 9 years road use and there was almost no visible sign of wear on them, I'd have probably got through a couple of sets of stock discs in that time.

What Brembos are you running on the rear , taught only OEM is available due to the drum brake

My rear slotted Brembo rotors are following one piece slotted replacement rotors -> http://www.bigbrakes4u.co.uk/brembo-brakes/brembo-gt-front-1-piece-discs/brembo-323mm-replacement-discs/cat_379.html

And I have used the Hawk HPS brake pads in my car. No complaints. :)

Edited by Mika (see edit history)

Can you buy the Project MU discs in UK, can't seem to find them anywhere for sale? Otherwise they're circa £550 with shipping/taxes.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

OE discs and Porterfield race pads here, best I've had over the years, and I use them hard.

I have a set of hardly worn Porterfield fast road pads you could buy and try for cheap.

Please mate that would be good. PM me a price.