The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this worth the money?

Tariqd

Hi guys,

So I'm looking to import this 1996 supra rz-s which is a manual TT, with 100k miles on clock, recently changed timing belt, with Greddy turbo upgrades and gauges installed and TRD kit (standard wing).

Everything looks in good condition and importer has guaranteed this apart from a tear on corner of a seat.

Would this be worth the purchase of £9500 including the import fees etc?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

So I'm looking to import this 1996 supra rz-s which is a manual TT, with 100k miles on clock, recently changed timing belt, with Greddy turbo upgrades and gauges installed and TRD kit (standard wing).

So it has a GReddy turbo and TRD widebody kit fitted? If that's actually true the car could be worth double what you quoted.

Post up pics and full spec of the car, it sounds far too good to be true.

Car defiantly seems under priced by a few thousand. The exhaust is obviously bad, and the body kit a bit old school, but still looks like it has potential.

Under the bonnet looks a bit messy, with the badly routed wiring and It is missing a suspension ring and the OEM scoop. It also doesn't appear to be running a bov, But nothing majorly bad shouts out from the pictures! Providing its mechanically good and the paint is ok a few hundred sunk into it would see a sound investment imo.

Car defiantly seems under priced by a few thousand. The exhaust is obviously bad, and the body kit a bit old school, but still looks like it has potential.

Under the bonnet looks a bit messy, with the badly routed wiring and It is missing a suspension ring and the OEM scoop. It also doesn't appear to be running a bov, But nothing majorly bad shouts out from the pictures! Providing its mechanically good and the paint is ok a few hundred sunk into it would see a sound investment imo.

Yeah it crossed my mind that even with the few much needed tweaks it would still be less than paying for one in superbly good nick.

Definitely a good way to get to know the car too from working on it haha.

Only thing that concerns me is the insurance considering its modified.

Still going to look at others though in the meantime, I have a bad habit of getting attached to a car and it being gone by the time I'm ready for it [emoji23]

I assume the year of the car is on the cusp of pre-facelift to facelift as everything on the exterior says facelift but the engine doesn't.

There was circa 1 year of production between early '96 and early '97 when the facelift TT cars still used non VVTi engines and V160 boxes :) Most of the time the only anomalies are the engines and transmissions, but some cars did have both wing mounted side repeaters and the facelift bumper mounted ones.

Bodykit aside does the colour of the car match? To my eyes the front wings are a different colour, rear bumper, boot and spoiler.

I assume the year of the car is on the cusp of pre-facelift to facelift as everything on the exterior says facelift but the engine doesn't.

Any interior shots?

I think you are being blinded by the fact it's a TT6. The body kit and exhaust can all be changed easily leaving you with an OEM TT6. My issue is with the "100k" miles, anybody looking at that engine bay without rose tinted glasses would say the car has done at least double the stated miles which would make the price expensive for a car with those 'modifications'. All the wear points in the car have been changed, pedals, gear knob and drivers seat. :Pling: