The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RSR Exhaust recommended

Thorin

FINALLY got around to getting my RSR exhaust fitted today. Looks great very shiney and very straight pipework. The photo's don't do it justice, the quality of the exhaust and in particular the welding is excellent.

So far I've only driven it with the baffle in, it's a lovely quiet deep burble at idle and growls nicely at full throttle with no drone. One problem is... it's TOO quiet! :D In my opinion anyway, but then I have just gone from a decatted hiper with no exhaust wadding or baffles, and a big hole in it. You needed ear plugs at 4k+ revs ;)

I'm sure it'll sound a lot more menacing with the baffle removed, and I'll let you know how that sounds tomorrow. I'll try and get a couple of photo's of it on the car too. :)

At around the same price as the Blitz Nur Spec the RSR is much better IMO. Envy Performance can get you a very good deal on them too (free plug as they've been very helpful as usual recently :D).

RSR1.jpg

RSR2.jpg

RSR3.jpg

RSR4.jpg

The RSR is pretty similar in spec to the Blitz isnt it? In which case, if you take out the baffle, it does get pretty loud. Call me a pansy but after having a lovely quiet exhaust with the baffle in, having gone like you from an unsilenced HKS super Drager to this, I didnt like it with baffle out so in it went again!

James

OK... seems I am in a minority regadring baffles. I am getting a little disconcerted now as I paid 425 for the blitz, when the RSR was only 330 in Dusty's Madness part 1.... and I dont like paying for names just for the sake of it, I guess polishing isnt worth it UNDER the car then.

Thorin here (I can't be bothered to log out then in again).

How on earth do you get the bloody baffle out, I undid the bolt and thought it would slide out easy enough... Not a chance, yanking on the bloody thing with a pair of pliers trying to pull it out and no movement :p

The baffles are a REALLY tight fit. I had to use a block of wood and a huge lump hammer to beat the thing out of mine from the other end of the pipe. Can't imagine how I'd have got the thing out with the exhaust fitted!

Its probably going to be eaiser if you remove the back box rather than struggle with the thing still attached to the car.

Sorry for being really dumb, but is where the arrow pointing the baffle? (excuse the amazing straight arrow!)

I only ask as I've heard it on Trigs and it sounds pretty loud and awesome and he has it in I think???

and what's the black thing?

RSR3.jpg

No no no, it's too quiet with it in, my neighbours would never hear me coming from the other end of the village. That's just not on. :D

i suppose that makes you the only RSR in the village? :D sorry couldnt resist.

tom yes that is the baffle, i had to hammer mine out from the back also.

ROFL...... oh to live in a quiet place. When I used to go see one of my friends he was always att he door ready.... saves ringing the doorbell, instead all thats required is a quick jab on the loud pedal :D

lol My dogs could always hear him coming up the M18, they went mad jumping about 10 mins before he came down my street. I have to agree its way too quiet now :tongue: