The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abingdon track day

hogmaw

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoyed it getting to know the limits of the car today. The bigger wheels have taken some getting used to, (315 on the rear) and on the track you can really push it to the limit. I also had an instructor in for a while, he pushed me much further than I thought possible! Which was great fun of course, and it's always good to learn and improve.

On a sadder note I was right behind a BMW M3 which spun out and flipped over an earth bank; driver was OK and the car suffered minor damage but horrific to watch when right in front of your eyes.

I did quite a few track days at Abingdon before moving on to Brands Hatch. The track is more suited to light cars like Caterhams and Elise. I once requested the official to take the kink out on the main back straight, because that is the only place the Supra can stretch it's legs but he said that it would be too dangerous because the left hander at end of the straight is 90 degrees. He did however let me do 2 laps at lunch time without the kink and the Supra just flew.

But as said it is half the price of BH.