The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Last Modification. Whifbitz Pulleys and Carbon Fiber. SRD Fan Kit and more.

a98pmalcolm

Ok so today was the last of my modifications on the Supra before I aim for my next project.

Its how I intended to finish the car after the inlet manifold. All that is left is general tidy up.

So today I fitted:

Whifbitz Pulley kit

Whifbitz carbon engine covers

SRD Twin Fan kit

Polished Auto tensioner

Polished mechman alternator

V8 oil filter

And lots of oil removal and cleaning.....

I want to say a shout out to:

Paul at whifbitz for his outstanding service and supplying me with the parts.

Lee at SRD for all his help and advice with assisting me with the wiring even though I bough the fan kit used from a member.

Rob Mitchell for his polishing skills and advice and Kaan for supplying me with a few goodies

And finally one of my closest friends Alex that owns AKS tuning for letting me use his tools, workshop, his help and staying till midnight to help finish my car.

So pics :)

This is how the area on my Supra looked when I arrived at my mates workshop.

With Alex busy and me being more than capable for the work ahead I was left to myself in part of the workshop to make a start.

Coolant drained, fan shroud off and rad out

Pulleys Removed and top engine cover off and coil pack cover removed.The fuse box had to come out as it was in the way of removing the shroud. The tension rod also came off and will stay off as I will be using the Auto tensioner.

Now I had to get Alex to help here... Removing the crank pulley. Alex had to make a tool to hold the pulley so we can undo it It was so bloody tight it was unreal.. But the bolt came undone and pulley removal tool used to extract

Bottom engine cover removed so I cleaned it all up removing residue oil.

Pauls engine covers and the auto TT tensioner than Rob polished up for me

Alternator on and Pauls pulley kit :) fitted

I fitted the crank pulley back on and Alex used his new tool to hold and we did the bolt up to 326Nm (in between the usaand UK sec listings)

Next up Gates Racing cam belt of which Paul also supplied

Alex had to come into help at this point with the Fan kit. We mounted the fans onto mishimoto rad and placed it in.

Alex had to modify the SRD box mounts as the fans stuck out further than that area compared to the OEM shroud

And after many hours of messing around with wiring we got it done.

Our massive issue was the relay set up of the fan kit. As Kaan has his hooked to syvecs the switches were in a negative set up. As I had no spare outlets on my syvecs it had to be hard wired into stock sensors in a positive set up, So in the end it was plugged into the AC fan plug blue wire (for future reference for anyone) and did some minor rewiring on the replays from Lee's advice and Alex working out what wires needed to me changed over.

And the final Pics :D

I think it all finishes the engine bay real nice, and Pauls carbon engine covers were a bang on fit and transformed the look.

(notice a very clean engine under tray as it was smothered in oil and grit ;))

Thanks for looking

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Just admiring with jealousy your bay dude, and noticed there's a plug that I need identified. Can you remember what this single wire plug goes too? Mine has been broken off :(

I believe it's a single brown wire. Unless I have the view wrong and it's another one in the photo.

Sorry to hijack your thread with pretty photos :love:

Wire.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=209519&d=1456310248

Exactly the same job I'm on with just waiting for my pulleys to come back from the anodisers.

I wanted the electric fan set up but il have to wait until next year :(

I wondered about this in general, I am going back to a viscous setup, for the reason that the viscous fan moves something like 3900 cubit ft per minute as opposed to my twin electric fans that were moving far less. As far as I'm aware even the SRD kit only moves about 900 cubic ft per min (I may be slightly out on the numbers there so please correct me if I am), my point is, what is the idea behind moving to an electric fan setup? - Aesthetics just?

Just admiring with jealousy your bay dude, and noticed there's a plug that I need identified. Can you remember what this single wire plug goes too? Mine has been broken off :(

I believe it's a single brown wire. Unless I have the view wrong and it's another one in the photo.

Sorry to hijack your thread with pretty photos :love:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]209519[/ATTACH]

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=209519&d=1456310248

It goes to the power steering rack.