The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member - White Supra NA - TT future build

Sean_Julian

Hey all

I am about to purchase my White supra rolling shell from a local supra breakers,

It has:

Subframe

Suspension

Brakes

Odd Wheels

Dash

White shell

Hasn't got:

Bonnet

Wings

Passenger/drivers door

Seats

Engine

Transmission

Drivetrain

Going to be my project from converting it from NA auto to Manual TT

I don't have very much knowledge when it comes to engines, transmission or wiring

so it shall be a fun Project!

Luckily there is plenty of members on here to help out haha.

Welcome to the club.

Brave man to take on a project like that without a great deal of knowledge. Good luck and be sure to make sure you have budgeted for all the small parts, not a cheap car to build.

TT6 conversion alone will be somewhere around 6-8k without all the other bits needed. Is the shell a cat damaged car too? if so may be cheaper to find an old NA auto in need of some love as a base.

Yeah it will be a fun build indeed!

Ermm nope it has a small bit of front damage as the front slam plate is bent, but that's easy to get hold of.

As for the subframe that's all in perfect condition just the slam plate.

I have already budgeted for all of the parts just look forward to getting started!

The only damage on this car is at the front end, taken a knock on the corner which has bent the top part of the frame... But luckily the subframe is all perfect.

I'm thinking of getting it pulled out and aligned and see if it's salvageable or to just buy the new frame new and get it welded on.

Any suggestions??

My suggestion would be to buy Jamiep's tt6 complete she'll. Has all panels, and no damage, plus is a tt6 so no loss on resale Price/value once complete.

Paint, panels, and repair will cost you in the long run. Bonnet wings and doors will set you back around 500 alone.

If your set on repairing it, I would get the frame checked and go with what ever advice your chosen garage provides.

I'm going to be buying the shell and basically all of my parts from a breakers in Leicester that just does supras.. So I can get the bonnet for say £50 and the doors also wouldn't be that much.. I can get the new panel for the front for £110 from the breakers and its brand new.

So either way I would be saving money.. And the fact I want a white supra as they are rarer. So makes sense to keep it and I want it as a full on project and have to do every little bit and the rolling shell cost me £750 with a limited slip diff.

I'm going to be buying the shell and basically all of my parts from a breakers in Leicester that just does supras.. So I can get the bonnet for say £50 and the doors also wouldn't be that much.. I can get the new panel for the front for £110 from the breakers and its brand new.

So either way I would be saving money.. And the fact I want a white supra as they are rarer. So makes sense to keep it and I want it as a full on project and have to do every little bit and the rolling shell cost me £750 with a limited slip diff.

£750 is a lot for an accident damaged shell.

Oh, and white isn't rare. Every time I buy a supra I end up with a damned white one :D

Haha well either way I want a white one.

The only problem with it is that corner.. If I pull it out and it's not straight I can buy the new part for £110 and get it welded on. Then I'll have a perfect shell.

Just minus the doors.

But as a project rolling shell I think it's perfect.. I have seen some people selling shells for £5000, granted they have the full body kit and all interior but I think I have a bargain considering the shells are only selling for more and more money.

Makes sense getting this car as I want a white supra, with the damage that would cost me £110 if it comes to it for the new part, so I'm not fussed.