The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting facelift folding mirrors to a prefacelift - diagram for you

evinX

Hi all, i did this many years ago. Recently had a problem and have to replace a mirror, so having gone back into it all again i thought id make a diagram for you that works.

Keeping in mind

Prefacelift push folds had the heated option

Facelift electric fold in's did not have the heated option.

Best part is, when fitting facelift fold in's to a pre facelift, the wiring for the heated mirrors are already in the car, ill be adding heated glass later on so its not on the diagram but is easy enough to do. Extra wires inside the mirror can go down the shaft of the fold in unit and come out the bottom to wire up to the door wiring, feel free to use it or make a better version of the diagram.

I think this should be a sticky.

Kev

Untitled.png

Edited by evinX (see edit history)

Hi Kev, thanks for the write up. Are you saying the majority of the wiring is already in the car of a pre facelift? I can't quite make out the black block on the bottom. Is that the switch for operating the fold in operation?

Majority is there, the wiring for the glass tilt is there, just need to run 2 lines on each side for the power to mirrors to be able to fold, the black block is the oem fold switch

Thank you can you take the heated glass from the preface lift and swap it out into the face lift folding mirror?

Saved :)

Yep, just pull of the facelift glass thats attatched to the black backing plate, and fit the heated one. 2 wires at the back, just lenghten it and join to the door wiring for it.

HEATED ELEMENT 1.jpg

HEATED ELEMENT 2.jpg