The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay Turbo Kit

attilauk

not for me but for a friend of mine, he wants to turbo his 2.2 Prelude and has found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7954315087&category=33742

i was just wondering what the technical gods on here thought of it? has anyone heard of the company? is it a good / bad price? etc

any help would be very usefull :)

The manifolds I found to be quite well made - the tig welding neat and tidy - and confirmed by local welding company - internally it could have done with taking out a couple of the sharp points - but that was being picky

Generally it was far better constructive than a recent 'well known' USA manufacturer who charges 4 times more

I cannot comment on other car makes - some inc the more complicated S14 I think were not great

At the price great VFM - all bags still intact!! LOl!

Yes - the 'larger' one they do is NOT suitable for the soop (I believe it comes off a bloody great big Saab truck i think I read somewhere)

The smaller hybrid TO4 they do should be capable for up to approx 500/550HP according to the turbo company in Oxfordshire we took it to

So if you do want to order from them - speak to them first - or I have been in contct before and could do it for you (i seem to have got a better response than Geordie Steve - but then you cant guarantee the ebay prices!)

IMHO No - that is the huuuge turbo by the looks of it - and your tranny will probably give out before you can even get near spooling

You need to contact them and get a list of the ones they can do for you m8...

Unfortunately I cant give you info on each and every one...as I just dont know what they all do...ask them for compressor maps of the turbos they are selling

IMHO No - that is the huuuge turbo by the looks of it - and your tranny will probably give out before you can even get near spooling

are you sure thats the huge turbo? the ebay link says superfast spool.

anyone else got any opinions on this turbo? i know you get what you pay for but thats only a couple of hundred quid. got to be worth a go if its suitable