The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap Supras

s-u-p-r-a

Hi Guys

Has any body dealt with the Keighley Trade Centre as there seem to have alot of cheap supras, the reason why i ask is i have a n/a and there is a pearl blue tt supra in there with a full veilside and nice wheels and its only £8995 and i might go and have a look, but i would rather ask before i go and have a look

what do you think???

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=12545&pageid=2

Extend that search on Google and you'll find a lot of other car forums also agree with these findings.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22keighley+trade+centre%22&btnG=Search&meta=

One chap got the AA to look at a BMW for him:

"AA report came back with new front wing, front and rear door on one side and front wing and door on other. Heavy rust on all inner arches and around boot lock. Windscreen wiper motor worn and the best of all the AA guy noticed rust on the gearbox. Gently removed the rust to see how bad it was and revealed a hole which started leaking the oil out of the gearbox. Best money i've spent on an inspection"

Vectra GSI that again looked good in the pictures:

"car must have been in a front end crash -bonnet has been BADLY resprayed,

quads are a different colour to rest of car

rear brakes are sh@gged

front splitter is half ripped off

front and rear towing eyes missing

leather is f*cked - cracks all over the place, and afew tears.

also 109k with NO service history at all..."

That about sums them up for me - the cars look OK at first glance, when you dig deeper they all seem to have been repaired in one way or another :(

i have just been reading some old posts on this site and it has put me off already and i do agree with one ov the posts the cars all seem to have different colours on different body panels for example i was looking at a rx7 its yellow but it is clearly a different shade to the body kit which is on it

cheers for your help on this matter i think im going to stick to my n/a for the time been but i have consided getting a turbo fitted to it and i have even checked it with my insurance company and the insurance only goes up £105

cheers

im always looking on autotrader for bargains and that always seems to come up it looks awful but i have seen the price drop from £9000 to £6495 but why whould you want a yellow rx7

I'd love a yellow RX7 :)

They have some 'interesting' stock at times, the Lancer rally car was certainly an eye opener, and they are always getting odd stuff like the crazy winged vans, big monster trucks, turbo'd MX5s, big single Supras and so on but they must be buying salvage and bodging it up.

It's not a bad place to go and look if you are passing but I wouldn't travel there to buy a car unless I got it really cheap and was willing to rebuild if from the tyres up.

i would say buy one off the trusted traders on the board such as paul e, jurgen or whifbitz, but they arent exactly cheap - and as the old saying goes 'you get what you pays for' :)

Try and find a trusted/reputable company thats selling 'decently' priced supras, i got mine fairly cheap :)

Bored today so ran a few checks on them with a mate:

He said he wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, they are being wound up by Companies House.

"ICC has not assigned a score for this company as

there has been the first notification of strike off

action in the London Gazette (Section 652)"

Not much on them though

Hi Guys

Has any body dealt with the Keighley Trade Centre as there seem to have alot of cheap supras, the reason why i ask is i have a n/a and there is a pearl blue tt supra in there with a full veilside and nice wheels and its only £8995 and i might go and have a look, but i would rather ask before i go and have a look

what do you think???

For what its worth, I looked at them too and decided to stay well clear.

With all the positive feedback the traders on here get I am going to save some extra and buy through one of them. Have a look at a thread I started called 'Where did you buy yours?'

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=32160

• 5 years later...

Right i just had to add to this post since i have had xp with KMC

I was interested in a wide body supra with a large single garret upgrade. I am not certain on the price but i think it was 9,995 ?!

I booked myself a visit and upon arrival they told me i had to make my way down to a storage yard when the car was being kept he told me this place was a mile away but my dc2 integra told me it was close to 11. when i got there the chap there had no idea i was coming and randomly threw a pair of keys in my hand. i made my way to the car only to find instantly it was not cosher. the lovely chap there started it up and walked off and left me to it. after sitting for 3-4 mins having a good look arround with my wife (a mechanic no less :) jealous ?) she noticed a dripping hitting the floor under the car. on close inspection the primary fuel inlet was spurting 99 all over the slowly warming manifold. The one thing i took away from my visit to KMC was that if you have to run into the garage to warn someone that there car is about to explode then maybe its not worth buying after all - no matter how shiny its 70mm wider arse is

Peace

Right i just had to add to this post since i have had xp with KMC

I was interested in a wide body supra with a large single garret upgrade. I am not certain on the price but i think it was 9,995 ?!

I booked myself a visit and upon arrival they told me i had to make my way down to a storage yard when the car was being kept he told me this place was a mile away but my dc2 integra told me it was close to 11. when i got there the chap there had no idea i was coming and randomly threw a pair of keys in my hand. i made my way to the car only to find instantly it was not cosher. the lovely chap there started it up and walked off and left me to it. after sitting for 3-4 mins having a good look arround with my wife (a mechanic no less :) jealous ?) she noticed a dripping hitting the floor under the car. on close inspection the primary fuel inlet was spurting 99 all over the slowly warming manifold. The one thing i took away from my visit to KMC was that if you have to run into the garage to warn someone that there car is about to explode then maybe its not worth buying after all - no matter how shiny its 70mm wider arse is

Peace

Damn that's crazy.

Btw, yes, I'm jealous.

• 4 weeks later...
They have 3 Lambo's and a Ferrari advertised as well, the blue wide body for 8995 does not look too bad.

I think thats the one with the fuel leak :(

They do seem to have gone upmarket with their stock though, though that's not to say the expensive stuff isn't all garbage too.