The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Supra RZ

Supra_RZ

Hello Everyone! I hope you are well!

I am new to the Supra MKIV owners club. I am incredibly proud to finally join the group :innocent:.

I have a Toyota Supra RZ 1995 2JZ-GE and it has done 38,000 miles.

I got this Supra for my 15th Birthday present :eyebrows:.

But now I am 17 years old and I want to finally start doing some things to my Supra ;).

My plans are to make it into a wonderful Single Turbo sleeper (single life is just better lol :p ;) )

The power goals is around 500bhp - 550bhp.

The outside of the car will stay stock because I just love the way a stock Supra looks :innocent:.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to join this wonderful Club :innocent:!

Kind regards,

David

Welcome to the club - hope you have been saving as your plans at your age will be financially challenging but all the best in fulfilling what you want.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! As long as I stay in education get good grades, my mum will buy whatever I need to build my dream Supra that I have always dreamed since I was 4 year old :D

Welcome to the club! And You need to know one thing, there is no such a thing like sleeper supra. Drivers around You (especially in corsas) always think that that is 1000bhp car :)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! hehe I know what you mean. But I respect all cars. The problem is that people with little Corsas and Polos always laugh at me for having a Supra. But I just think that they are jealous. That's one of the reason I was scared to join this Club, because my supra isn't a 1000bhp beast.

Must be school holidays again is it?

Any pics of the car? I doubt very much it will be that low miles, but i'm happy to be proven wrong though

Yep it's hard to believe the low mileage, but the previous owner was a 73 year old lady which i was really surprised about. How do I post pictures? I am more than happy to prove it :).

- - - Updated - - -

you must have deep pockets then!!

I don't have deep pockets at all lol, my mum is the one with deep pockets. As long as I stay in education and get the grades that my mum wants me to, I will get everything I need to build my dream Supra :)

I didn't know the RZ had the NA engine, how many were made like that?

There were a couple made. I am not 100% how many, but now there not that many left. I've always wanted the RZ as it is the lightweight version :). I love the Supra to bits :). I just wish all the haters would stop with their 1.2L corsas. But haters only make you stronger :)

You won't get insured if you go single turbo and if you do it will stupid money. But if you do the fair play. Its hard to say but probably better off staying na until a couple years no claims. My insurance is rediculous at 24. Just be advised that you would need to declare your mods as if you don't and you get involved in a accident then you won't be covered. You may be done for fraud/driving with no insurance but I'm not sure what would happen if you got pulled by the police in the car with the single mod and it not declared? Anyone know?

All the best though these are amazing cars and to have one given at 15 for birthday is awesome :)

Welcome to the club.

I'm in two minds whether this is someone on the wind up or a genuine very lucky owner lol.

Definetly up for more pics as well, would love to see you car. I too thought the RZ was a twin turbo as well with the GTE block and not the GE block, can you confirm what engine you have please.

Thanks and look forward to your build thread.

You won't get insured if you go single turbo and if you do it will stupid money. But if you do the fair play. Its hard to say but probably better off staying na until a couple years no claims. My insurance is rediculous at 24. Just be advised that you would need to declare your mods as if you don't and you get involved in a accident then you won't be covered. You may be done for fraud/driving with no insurance but I'm not sure what would happen if you got pulled by the police in the car with the single mod and it not declared? Anyone know?

All the best though these are amazing cars and to have one given at 15 for birthday is awesome :)

I know they won't insure me for a couple of years, which is really annoying, but my mum will drive me to car shows with the Supra until I can start driving it. I should be able to drive it at 18 years old, the insurance is like £9000. It's a lot, but you only live once so i want to make the most out of it :D. Thank you so much for the kind welcome :)