The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another wheel size help

brom86

Guy am looking for some help with wheel sizes. Am not clued up at all and needing someone's advice really. Just purchased japan racing 12 's in gun metal grey last night second hand. Got real good price for them. Am running 9j Et25 225/40/18 up front and 10j et20 235/40/18 at the rear. A tested fitted one side tonight and the rear wheel sits out a bit to much however I have spacers on the hub. If a remove these it should be ok. The front also has spacers and sits out a bit to much for the arches. Again if i remove the spacer I should be ok. But the issue is will it clear my ls400 calipers that I have fitted. From looking at it a need some sort of spacer to clear the caliper but not sure what size. Could anyone assist please

Thanks

You won't really know until you try Craig, unless you can find someone with the same wheel and brake combination, which is probably unlikely. Best bet is probably to buy (or borrow) some 5mm slip on 'shim' type spacers and test fit the wheel - if you need 2 shims to clear the caliper then you know that you'll need 10mm hubcentrics, 3 will mean a 15mm spacer and so on. The problem is that 9j et25 up front is already going to be pretty much flush, so having to add spacers to clear the calipers is going to make the faces poke out from the arches, so to make them fit you may need to either run a stretch on the tyres, or go back to jspec calipers.

Can't you just put a rule through the wheel to the face of the caliper and measure

the gap you have now to the back of the spokes with the spacers fitted, you can easily

work out what size spacer you'll need then.

Or get yours on a lathe and remove the material required

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)