The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tetrosyl to increase octane

Jellybean

Anybodu some across this , I think you are playing russian roulette with your engine , Saab guy here is going to use it :blink:

He read it on the interweb

http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88586

max 40% of that is made up of Toulene and XYLENE , the tetrosyl contains a higher % of chemicals I would not even like to guess would do to an internal engine

Mixtures

Toulene 10-30%

XYLENE 5-10%

https://www.tetrosyl.com/images/stories/virtuemart/documents/STT025_SDS.pdf

I did Xylene with my own car years ago, 30% mix and mapped for it on the AEM

Wouldn't recommend it now though as with Fuel flex sensors and an ecu like the syvecs, you can use ethanol and the ecu will automatically adjust fueling, timing and boost

The risk before was the mixture changing and the ecu cant adjust for it.

As you said 10% mix is fine to add for extra safety and no adjusting but i would still use ethanol

Thanks

I am going to try MMT(Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl) , do some dyno testing NF Octane booster vs Bardahl BSF Racing Octane Booster

Even if I had an ECU capable of running a flexifuel, Ethanol is a pita to source here; think VP or Sunoco do some but it is bloody expensive , shipping is a killer!

I did some testing with 95 octane, 98 octane and NF Octane.

There was a marked difference with 98 octane in the tank, up to 16kw on the wheels.

NF in the low dose did not do much, when I used the 1:40l mix it made a difference, no dyno figures though.

The best road performance I got was with 1/4 tank 98, topped up with 95 and 1.4L of NF.. Car was an absolute beast..

When I filled up with 95 octane after the tank was out, I actually had pinging on take off as the ECU had advanced the timing so much..

I am using NF in every tank till I finally fit an ECU & hopefully go ethanol..

Edited by Samurai 20V (see edit history)