The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM front bumper fittings.

ripped_fear

So my car is going to be having some work done next month and we are on a tight time schedule so want everything bought before hand.

My current OEM bumper hangs a little lower than it should as you can see in the picture below- It also has a fair amount of movement if you pull and push on it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208913&stc=1&d=1454869209

I know the front bumper is fitted via the bolts on either side below the wing, the bolts along the upper edge, and the ones that go in the mouth up into the crash bar.

Now looking at the EPC there is two support brackets in this picture, two either side under the head light, do you think this is what im currently missing, I havent removed the front end on my car yet to take a look?

attachment.php?attachmentid=208971&stc=1&d=1455039017

Think they can bee seen on this picture of my old supra.

attachment.php?attachmentid=160443&stc=1&d=1352573236

Just want to check before I add them to my next order tomorrow.

Untitled.png

I dont want to take the front bumper off just to look at that, to then put it back on and them remove a few weeks later. if we think thats the cause I will just buy them for the sake of a few quid.

Does the bumper have the stock polystyrene absorber/reinforcement fitted inside it? Removing the headlights is a fairly easy job and should help you see what's going on, it may actually be the headlight fitting rather than the bumper that is the cause of the gap.

When I removed my Top Secret front there was nothing but around 8 x 10mm nuts/bolts holding it on and it did an excellent job from Japan right up until I took it off. If I were you (which I'm not lol) I'd just use nuts and bolts!

May have worked for the after market front but you have limited fixings on the OEM one anyway, for the sake of a few quid i will be ordering them. May as well do it properly once. Thanks though, just want to be safe.

That'll get done after I have bonded on and blended in the JDL bonnet extension, my front bumper is nailed on properly though. :)

Nails now there is an idea. Off to B&Q