The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can anybody tell me something about this car?

mikyrc

I found this car for sale near my area (Spain). It's 23.000euros (15.640 pounds sterling)

Has 100.000miles on it. Manual Transmission.

The guy told me that he has changed the clutch not long ago. Has 19" rims. Tinted windows.

He says that has an aftermarket exhaust (it seems stock to me), a carbon fiber air filter and an aftermarket Blow off valve.

Do you think that is worth to buy?

I know that the pictures are not clear.

Looking at the engine pictures could somebody tell me what kind of blow off valve is it? What do you think about the engine mods you see?

IS this blowing to the atmosphere? Wasn't that a bad thing? (runing rich between gear changes or deceleration)

Thanks.

Its a very different market in England and the prices are much lower. That same car would cost much much less than that here but one of the reasons for that is because we are flooded with Japanese imports which I guess you cant get as they are right hand drive?

Are you allowed to register right hand drive cars there?

Around here the Manual TTs are very expensive because there's not many around here. You can find some Automatic ones at a cheaper price.

We use Left Hand Drive cars so getting a UK or japan car is a problem for me.

Yes we can register right hand drive cars but i don't want to buy a car like this.

My next choice is to go to Germany and see if i can find something there.

About the Bov i was thinking the same. On that side the BOV must vent to the atmosphere for shure, making the car run richer between shifts, on deceleration or maybe at iddle (if it's not correctly adjusted).

Here you can see the exhaus a bit better but i think is the stock one.

Is this the stock amp and subwoofers?

Thanks guys.

D3xt3r, no MT supras in germany?????? That's not what a friend told me. He import cars from germany and said that he saw a few for sale. I know that UK or Japan cars are a loooot cheaper but i don't want a RHD. If i don't find anything in mobile.de that means that there's supras for sale nowhere in germany? Don't tell me this please!!

USA cars? That's what i was thinking the first time but as talking to my friend he told me that there's a lot of problems to make the american cars be registered and pass the ispections in Spain. You have to change the tail lights, front lights and the VIN numbers are not compatible so you have to pay for a lot of things and homologations.

Another thing that i don't like is that i should go to USA in person to see the car and pay for it or completely trust somebody that i don't know (who could take my money and never send the car).

Yes its a aerotop Manual TT. (targa top) It was of somebody from Barcelona and 8 months ago this guy bought it and bring it to Mallorca (balear islands). And now he's selling it because he has a son and must trabel a lot and needs a bigger car.

The problem with the lights isn't the side you drive, is that in USA the rear turn signals are red and remain lit when you turn the lights on. In europe the laws want yellow turn signals that stay off the rest of the time. And about the front lights, tha same, in USA they don't have white parking lights, they have the turn signals semi lit all the time. Also there isn't any fog lights on the rear side (easily fixable installing an aftermarket light somewhere).

I'll investigate a bit more just to be shure. BUt i've been looking at the ebay page and there's not many Manual TTs there which are not so cheap as i thought. When you add the transport, all the papers, homologations and taxes plus the cost of me going to the USA then i think is not worth.

About US-Cars:

In case the Spanish registering laws are the same like in the rest of the EU, you won't need to change the rear lights, as they have an E-Marking, you would just have to add a rear foglight or follow these instructions to to convert two brake lights into fog lights.

The front lights have to be changed, as the genuine US' don't have an E-Marking.

There might be some other conversions that would have to be made, but all just tiny bits, don't know whether there are any special import regulations in Spain though.

About German cars: About 75% of the German Supras are A/T, so it's damn hard to find a M/T at all. Anyway, don't buy one from Germany, there are only 312 MKIV's left in Germany, and the number is rapidly decreasing :cry:

Btw: The Supra you were looking at. Did you have a look at the papers? Is it also an import from Gemany? 27k €isactually a good price for a M/T in mainlandEurope, as they go usually for 30k<.>

If must have a E-marking or not i don't know but that the turn signals must be off all the time while aren't blinking when you turn is sure 100%. As being yellow already i suppose that they can be rewired just like they did in my US eclipse. I bought it already registered in Spain.

Why shouldn't buy one from Germany? :confused: You don't like the idea of having one less supra there? :confused:

I think is imported from germany, the supras have never been sold in Spain.

And about the price, he's actually asking 22.500€ for it. Is the last price i could get from him.

Today he told me that he has an exhaust sitting on his garage that somebody custom made it specially for his car. I don't know why he hasn't put it.

i've seen that car in the flesh on the costa brava in spain (south of barcelona) i think??

looked very very tidy - you rarely see jap performance cars in spain

I have never ever seen a Supra in Spain and i have driven there a lot...apart from a red Uk registered Red Jap import in Moraira Costa Brava once.....could of been you Hadyn was about 3 or 4 years ago in May or June!

I also been told by some mates that live in Marbella that someone has a LHD mkiv Supra there...but never seen it out and about when i have been there... must be a few hiding around Spain though!

Hey guys, he finally said me that he's offering it to me for 22.000 euros, but i must buy it right now (in a week or so as much). He has seen a Chrysler Voyager and he needs the money to buy it before somebody else buys it. (he has been father not long ago and needs a bigger car) He told me if he's not able to buy this voyager, he will rise the price again.

I don't really know what to do, i was planning to go to Germany in two weeks or so, but many people has told me there's not many manual supras there as japanfanatic said two posts back.

As an example of how expensive are the LHD supras MT in Europe i've seen a 52.000miles (81.000kms) manual supra TT for 27.000euros. And in other countries even more like 32.000 for about the same mileage. This 22.000 is the cheapest i've seen in Europe.

What would you do?

Hey miky!

This might be one for ya':

http://occasions-particuliers.caradisiac.com/toyota-supra-0-1126206.htm

Located in Bordeaux, France and therefore not as far away from Spain as Germany is. 6-Speed, and on the pictures it's looking quite well taken care of, at least the interior. The extrerior might need some polishing;)

The price is more then OK IMHO