The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cody Sibs - 1993 MK4 Supra

Guest Sibs

So, first post. Obviously and usually done in this section in every forum. Got my Supra back in October 2015 - it's a JDM model. I am the first Canadian / North American owner of the car. Importer told me I am the second owner in the cars history. If it is or isn't i'm not entirely sure. But I'd like to hope so! Got it with 89,000KM / 55,300MILES on it. It was a bone stock GTE and that's what I as looking for. Wait no, it had a single-din Alpine deck in it. All original Toyota tools and jack in the rear. Only thing missing is the owners manual.

So, first thing's first. What have I done in the ~three months I've had it.

First thing - HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust and a JDM Downpipe (the downpipe was on for 150km... then it snowed and I parked the car and ripped off the stock twins). I was originally planning on just doing a "BPU++" car, but like that was actually going to happen. I now have the stock twins out and replaced with a single turbo; and camshafts pulled.

- CXRacing Exhaust Manifold (the one with the 46mm waste gate flange, not the four-bolt) Clearance was flawless for me, and the T4 flange was level and fine. I soda blasted and fabbed up covers/ plates and did a pressure drop test to ensure that there where no leaks on the welding - you never know with the cheaper eBay manifolds. After it held pressure, I had it ceramic coated.

- Borg Warner SXE (364.5) with the T51R mod from OCD Works. We don't have E85 in Canada, and I don't have anything higher than 94 octane readily available at the local pump. I went with the "smaller" turbo so I wouldn't have to wait all day for boost. This is a weekend car for getting groceries. Not a race car. I had the hot side ceramic coated, and painted the compressor side myself.

- Downpipe is also CXRacing. I went with this just because it would be my easiest way to get it to bolt right up to the turbo and line up to the mid-pipe. I did the same thing (pressure test) with this. Probably not necessary, but I'd like to remove any potential leaks before starting the car.

- For the midpipe, I just took it off, cut the flanges off, and bored them out to 3" and fabbed up a new 3" pipe (with a 3" exhaust cutout) + flex line.

- Camshafts will be Brian Crower 264 ones. I actually made an account here just so I could read the reshim guide ;)

- Cam gears will be Titan Motorsport

- New Gates Racing Timing Belt + Gates Tensioner

- I modified the stock cam covers by tapping the breather holes with a 1/2NPT tap (instead of using "cutting fluid", I pack the tap with grease. This makes all the filings stick to the tap, and not fall into the cam covers. Remove and re-grease often). Of course I back flushed and checked for any aluminum filings under the baffles with a bore scope. I have -10AN 90* fittings installed.

- Intercooler will most likely be a 4" ETS

- Manifold will remain OEM - likely be painted or polished.

- 44mm Tial Wastegate with atmosphere dump: plumbed beside the cutout

That's it for now!

Pic shows just the turbo and manifold sitting there. No cam covers on, and the coil cover is just resting. Sanded and painted it myself.