The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New owner 2JZGE - need some advice.

Guest Possessed200

Guest Possessed200

Hey guy's I'm a new owner of a 2JZGE automatic in a 2JZGTE shell, its got all the GTE upgrades(not on the engine tho), like LSD A01B and the TT autobox.

I have loads of questions that are in my head that need answering, links or anything will help.

.1 Is it worth turboing it, I've read many threads on this and watched videos on youtube but I'm still on the wall, would the autobox handle 400+ bhp?

.2 any threads on here that have a na-t automatic that i could read? - would put my mind at rest, and how much bhp could you get out of it?

.3 would it be worth converting the autobox to a 6 speed in the future?

.4 Is there many Supra owners in the north of england, e.g. Cumbria?

thanks for your time.

Guest Possessed200

Oh damn, thats nice.

My mechanic is wanting to forge the engine then turbo it.

Here's some pictures of my supra, back in the day:

and how it is now, needs some loving tlc, hopefully i can get it back in its pride, without the stupid ricer body kit.

This bodykit (Bomex) doesn't look bad at all mate, if you want turbo on your Supra just put TT engine in and make BPU on it, it will take you to 380 bhp and it will be already fun to ride :) TT engine is straight swap and takes no more than 2 days, I managed to do one in 1 day ;)

Guest Possessed200
Just a heads up the ao1b is the na Lsd not Tt.

And if it is a Tt auto box then it'll handel good power with a cooler or two.

Oh i thought the A01B was the TT lsd? It's a TT shell, just the engine been swapped for the ge engine for some strange reason.

This bodykit (Bomex) doesn't look bad at all mate, if you want turbo on your Supra just put TT engine in and make BPU on it, it will take you to 380 bhp and it will be already fun to ride :) TT engine is straight swap and takes no more than 2 days, I managed to do one in 1 day ;)

I just don't really like the rear bumper things that are on it, makes it look ugly, the front bumper isn't too bad. And that spoiler is horrible.

I was thinking of just doing a straight engine swap to the TT, but i'm not sure if it's worth it anymore since they going for around £2,500 and you can forge a ge engine for around £3,000.

An N/A ECU can't control a T.T. transmission so I doubt that it is, see if it has a transmission line feed cable and a splined front prop section, if so it's an N/A box.

Thanks I'll check that on friday when i go see it next.

Forging NA engine would be waste of money, unless you want to go for some big power. You also forgot about cost of DECENT turbo kit, intercooler, at least some piggyback ECU + rolling road/mapping sessions, then labour on top. I can guarantee you that TT conversion will be cheaper. Have a chat with member Keron here, he have done lots of NA/TT conversions and usually got engine on stock.

:idea: Here's a rough guide to what O.E. components can do at what cost. :confused:

Fitted with a turbocharger, an unopened G.E. lump £100, will do 500bhp. A G.E. lump fitted with either a T.T. head gasket £100 or marginally better, fitted with T.T. pistons £100, will do 700bhp. If that's not enough horses for peanuts, :think: Prozac might be the answer?

An unopened GTE lump £2,500, will do the same 700bhp, there are more sexy shiny things available to spend your money on and the Prozac works just as well. :conf:

If over time, the Prozac wears off and you need more than 700bhp to drive to the health food shop, only then will you need consider :sex: expensive sexy "forged" word things. The time saved by avoiding this walk in the fresh air, could allow you to spend more of your money to be inside an :fart: armpit scented gym pumping iron in front of posing mirrors, to make up for the lost free exercise in the real World and please remember to post a For Sale thread for your faithful old T.T. pistons, there's always an N/A-T er after those. :hi:

:smartass: Transmissions are more the limiting factor, how long their piece of string round number second-hand price & power-limit guesstimates are; :think:

A340E 300ftlb, £50. W58 400ftlb, £600. A343E 550ftlb, £150. A343/0E Hybrid 600ftlb, £300. R154 700ftlb, £1,200. V160/1 900ftlb, £4,000. (Plus up to £3,000 for a clutch)

It is fashionable to spend lots of money on manual transmissions and free up auto boxes for Hybrids.

:topsecret: If you know which way up to hold a spanner and are canny with your buying, N/A-T with A343/0E Hybrid transmission is the cheapest and most reliable 600bhp ever and has been done for less than £1,000. image

If you know which end of a soldering iron gets hot and can find a used SupraStick, Flappy-Paddles can be fitted from £200 or around £500 with a new one.

However, if you're spannerlexic, :looney: the resulting labour costs dictate that a T.T. conversion @ around £2,500 + transmission cost + labour + VAT would be the cheapest way to 325bhp, or around £1,000 more + labour + VAT for 400bhp with a BPU upgrade.

Flappy-Paddles can be fitted along with a Syvecs ECU and mapped for around £4.000?

T.T. to single turbo up to 900bhp builds done professionally, are reckoned inc ECU to cost around £10,000?

Should money be no object, you can shave a few more seconds off your trip to the shops with an up-to 3.5 litre stroker build.

The above information will assist you to calculate the cost of spannerlexia. :faint:

Top Tip:

http://images.cafepress.com/image/20237760_125x125.jpg

Both GTE and GE engines are used for 1,000+bhp builds, :gallery: browse the projects section linked below for more info.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?147-mkiv-Supra-Projects

Here's a link to the :read: Workshop Manual, which should be compulsory reading before being granted full membership. :iagree:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/content.php?51-Repair-Manuals

Here are links to the N/A-T and Hybrid Transmission Groups, that you can access after you have paid your membership. :rulez:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?groupid=49

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?groupid=57

Please educate your "mechanic" with the above information and remember that the search button is your friend. :friends:

Trending activities. :yu:

‘Artistic Statement’ by means of incorrect spelling, case, punctuation and grammar demonstrates ‘Style’, even though not often noticed.

“anyone” can be used as post prefix for technical questions, it’s no more demanding to write than “Please”, yet far less ‘Style’ demeaning.

“hey”, can mean “Hi” or “Hello” and also used as dismissive substitute for “Thank you”, reminding that ‘Style’ won’t belittle with demeaning gratitude words.

Incorrect answers from someone cool are cooler than correct answers from un-cool someone’s.

Universal uber-cool Tech Answer; “Syvecs SRD lol.” (Spelling mistakes of this will not be tolerated.)

Should a technical answer resolve a technical question, posting up the resolution for benefit of others, is uber un-cool.

When vocabulary fails, say “lol”.

For reference, Motto for the Stylish is presently displayed in the first line of mellonman’s signature.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?18989-mellonman

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Guest Possessed200
:idea: Here's a rough guide to what O.E. components can do at what cost. :thumbs:

Fitted with a turbocharger, an unopened G.E. lump £100, will do 500bhp. A G.E. lump fitted with either a T.T. head gasket £100 or marginally better, fitted with T.T. pistons £100, will do 700bhp. :thumbs: If that's not enough horses for peanuts, :think: Prozac might be the answer?

An unopened GTE lump £2,500, will do the same 700bhp, there are more sexy shiny things available to spend your money on and the Prozac works just as well. :conf:

If over time, the Prozac wears off and you need more than 700bhp to drive to the health food shop, only then will you need consider :sex: expensive sexy "forged" word things. The time saved by avoiding this walk in the fresh air, could allow you to spend more of your money to be inside an :fart: armpit scented gym pumping iron in front of posing mirrors, to make up for the lost free exercise in the real World and please remember to post a For Sale thread for your faithful old T.T. pistons, there's always an N/A-T er after those. :hi:

:smartass: Transmissions are more the limiting factor, how long their piece of string round number guesstimates are; :think: A340E 300ftlb, £50. W58 400ftlb, £600. A343E 550ftlb, £150. A343/0E Hybrid 600ftlb, £300. R154 700ftlb, £1,200. V160/1 900ftlb, £3,000. (Plus up to £3,000 for a clutch)

:topsecret: If you know which way up to hold a spanner and are canny with your buying, N/A-T with A343/0E Hybrid transmission is the cheapest and most reliable 600bhp ever and can be done for less than £1,000. :)

However, if you're spannerlexic, :looney: the resulting labour costs dictate that a T.T. conversion @ around £2,500 + transmission + labour would be the cheapest way to 325bhp, or around £1,000 more + labour for 400bhp with a BPU upgrade.

The above information will assist you to calculate the cost of spannerlexia. :faint:

Top Tip: Lefty loosey, righty tighty. :thumbs:

Both GTE and GE engines are used for 1,000+bhp builds, :gallery: browse the projects section linked below for more info.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?147-mkiv-Supra-Projects

Here's a link to the :read: Workshop Manual, which should be compulsory reading before being granted full membership. :iagree:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/content.php?51-Repair-Manuals

Here are links to the N/A-T and Hybrid Transmission Groups, that you can access after you have paid your membership. :rulez:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?groupid=49

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?groupid=57

Please educate your "mechanic" with the above information and remember that the search button is your friend. :friends:

Dude, your a star.