The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another UK SPEC 6 Speed

88LE

I've looked at that. Thanks anyway. Not too keen on as its a grade 3.5 from Japan. I look at this forum, Autotrader, Pistonheads and Ebay on a daily basis. To be fair my budget is up to £25k for a very mint low mileage example.

So far I've had a look at Greg's which I loved and a white low mileage UK auto last week at Tom Harveys....(was tempted) but after a drive decided against an auto. I've also been turned down £25k for a mint low mileage UK 6 Speed.

That is a pretty healthy budget. Have you been in contact with Jurgen? If not, get him on the case :) Clean cars appear to be getting harder to find in Japan but if anyone can find one for you it is probably him and at least you would know that with a new import the car won't have seen any UK winters on the road.

E2A

Why are you set on a UK spec?

Yes it is a pretty healthy budget but that is my maximum for a mint example. It seems I am quite fixated on a UK spec for some strange reason. My next purchase will be my last. I will only use it on occasional weekends so I rather get one that will hold its value.

With your budget, I wouldn't even consider a UK tt6.

If you are wanting to modify one, your budget will get you a very nice single turbo car built by the likes of Whifbitz or SRD. I think JamiePs old car is for sale within your budget, that would be an excellent choice.

If you want a completely stock one, get the latest year (2002 ideally) RZ (not RZ-S) lowest mileage car you can afford. These will be a better investment than a UK spec IMO, be better looking, better condition and nicer to drive.

I've always assumed UK spec cars hold their value better. And to be fair they have judging by what people are wanting for them. If you don't mind me asking, why do you think a later spec car is better investment wise?

I've always assumed UK spec cars hold their value better. And to be fair they have judging by what people are wanting for them. If you don't mind me asking, why do you think a later spec car is better investment wise?

The late RZ was the ultimate spec. Comes with most of the oem options as standard, has the v161 (which is an optimised version of the v160), Recaro seats, big brakes etc.

The facelifted cars have nicer looking lights, a nicer looking dash etc. Plus there are an abundance of low miles ones compared to UK's, and they'll be rust free.

The UK/EU spec cars were very much GT cars. The vvti cars were slightly more driver focused.

If you are wanting to modify one, your budget will get you a very nice single turbo car built by the likes of Whifbitz or SRD. I think JamiePs old car is for sale within your budget, that would be an excellent choice.

If you want a completely stock one, get the latest year (2002 ideally) RZ (not RZ-S) lowest mileage car you can afford. These will be a better investment than a UK spec IMO, be better looking, better condition and nicer to drive.

In partial agreement here. You will find a lower mileage import and no doubt get more for your money too by choosing this option. BUT, the U.K. Specs are rarer (check the register on here) and over the last few years I've been searching do seem to of significantly increased in value. It entirely depends on what you want and have planned for it.

I bought my UK spec primarily as an investment and so far I haven't been let down by multiple offers !

Just my opinion of course ;)

The UK's are more expensive if you go by mileage vs price. There's still a supply of late, low miles vvti tt6 cars, I bet there's not even 3 UK tt6 with under 40k miles.

My money would be on the younger import, which is newer, looks more modern, and will feel fresher :)

Is there a thread for the sale of JamieP's car anywhere I can have a look at?

Can I ask, how many miles did the UK supra you offered £25K for, have on it? And was it standard?

I still have my UK TT6 with 45K on it. Didn't realise values were getting this high now.

Managed to get it into Classic Cars magazine last month for a 1990's super car showdown feature and the value they put on buying a Supra now was up to 10K, lol.

Can I ask, how many miles did the UK supra you offered £25K for, have on it? And was it standard?

I still have my UK TT6 with 45K on it. Didn't realise values were getting this high now.

Managed to get it into Classic Cars magazine last month for a 1990's super car showdown feature and the value they put on buying a Supra now was up to 10K, lol.

I'd imagine you have the lowest mileage survivor :cool:

Have you got any pics?

10k? Lol. Your car is worth a small fortune. :D

I've had offers for 19k and mines done 80k miles so yours is definitely worth at least that but I bet you'd get an agreed value of at least 16k on an insurance policy.

Its got 50k. There is no doubt prices have increased. Realistically in my opinion a low mileage mint UK 6 speed is worth around the £20k mark. I offered the asking price of £25k because I wanted it. So I guess its down to the phrase' its worth what someone is willing to pay for it'.

I had a discuss with an importer today. They have advised, given the current market, I should be able to get a late 2001/2002 RZ vvti 6 speed with lowish mileage quite easily within my £25k budget. So I am seriously considering that option.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine you have the lowest mileage survivor :cool:

Have you got any pics?

Yeah pictures please......lets see the beauty.

Ah hope you find one. Thanks for other comments too. I don't think I would even let it go for 25k to be honest. I've just had it freshly resprayed too as I received stonechip damage to front of car on photo shoot for magazine and decided to get it all done. Really didn't need it before but couldn't leave it like that.

I'll put some pics up when I can. Before and after.

Its got 50k. There is no doubt prices have increased. Realistically in my opinion a low mileage mint UK 6 speed is worth around the £20k mark. I offered the asking price of £25k because I wanted it. So I guess its down to the phrase' its worth what someone is willing to pay for it'.

I had a discuss with an importer today. They have advised, given the current market, I should be able to get a late 2001/2002 RZ vvti 6 speed with lowish mileage quite easily within my £25k budget. So I am seriously considering that option.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah pictures please......lets see the beauty.

I wouldn't limit myself to 2001/2 cars, there were so few and I don't think you are gaining anything over an equally low mileage earlier car. Pre facelift ones (look just like uk cars bar the bonnet scoop) have the larger diff's and in my opinion are better made, facelifts look less dated to most but have some (minor) cost cutting, vvti gives with its torque curve but can take in the long term with its slightly less robust fly by wire throttle.

If the look of the facelift isn't paramount I'd look at any age low mileage potential 'keepers'

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.