The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aftermarket Auxillary Pulleys

MattP

Whos running Auxillary Pulleys and where did you get them?

I am after a set of Anodised Gold Pulleys and Idler I did want to use the Whifbitz units but I have messaged Paul he says they cant do them which leaves me a bit stuck.

I found a picture of a set of the Gold Pulleys I would be looking for that Paul supplied back on Rob Mitchells Gold Rush Project for reference.

i Just bought whifbitz pullys

That was the plan originally.. Pretty much everything in my bay is Whifbitz and I preferred the design of the Idler to the SRD units which of course is simply personal preference.

My options are now a PHR set or whifbitz and have them anodised Gold when they turn up which im just waiting on Callaway to get back to me on price then il make a final decision.

That was the plan originally.. Pretty much everything in my bay is Whifbitz and I preferred the design of the Idler to the SRD units which of course is simply personal preference.

My options are now a PHR set or whifbitz and have them anodised Gold when they turn up which im just waiting on Callaway to get back to me on price then il make a final decision.

Have you contacted Rob Mitchell regarding gold plating? He's bloody brilliant. Hmm sounds like you best keep an eye open for some used ones if your planning to refurb them, seems a shame to pay for a new set..

Have you contacted Rob Mitchell regarding gold plating? He's bloody brilliant. Hmm sounds like you best keep an eye open for some used ones if your planning to refurb them, seems a shame to pay for a new set..

All it was is I was after a New Gold set as you say it feels a shame to buy a new set just to have to get them anodised to a different colour but as mentioned I have my orders my brother is very specific when he says he wants Gold he will just have to pay extra...

Using Rob would mean posting etc I would rather keep it local.

Apparently I have my choice of trader for anodising in my local area for once which is new.

From what I have read these seem to be the best aftermarket pulley set available they claim to be the lightest aftermarket non under driving pulleys you can buy for a 2JZ.

The PHR pulleys certainly look the part and many forum members have a set fitted and seem impressed with the quality.

The Whifbitz pulleys I have seen In person and look just as good but with slightly less engraving these would be my second choice they are also the cheapest of the three sets.

And the SRD pulleys look the same and I would think no different in functionality I'm not sure why they are so much more than the whifbitz pulleys.

It would be interesting to weigh the 3 sets and see which is actually lightest...

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

Do the whifbitz sets work out cheaper then?

Yes Whifbitz are £168 for the set of 3 pulleys and £68 for the Idler plus P&P

SRD are £199.99 for the set of 3 and £69.99 for the Idler plus P&P

And I'm waiting for Callaway to email me back on price for the PHR units.