The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Returning to the Supra

cheekymonkey

Hey all

Not exactly a newbie but I have not been active on this forum for 5 years! Life has been getting in the way of enjoying the supra but now has come the time to get enjoying it again and sort out all the little niggles.

Engine wise the car is spot on as it had the Whifbitz treatment last year where Paul took the engine out to do the bottom end bearing and the valve stem seals and sorted out a few perished pipes which were restricting boost.

Discovered water in the drivers footwell a week or so ago but luckily it is very clean water - looks like I have had some water ingress via rear quarter Windows and possibly spolier bolts into the boot too, the entire interior including carpet is now out, dry and pending a clean up. The carpet smells a bit funny up close which is why I'm looking for a replacement!

Have had a fun weekend taking advantage of an empty interior to really sort out some old wiring issues. Central locking is working again, and the knackered alarm system has been deleted. The stupidly long wires for the boost controller and AEM water system have been trimmed, soldered and heatshrunk.

Next steps - fixing the water ingress problems, and really tidying up the exterior. There are some weather seals i want to replace as they have gone a bit green a manky from a couple of years of neglect. This is NOT going to happen again!

About myself, I'm 37 and live with my wife and pug in Swindon. I work in IT and currently am based from home.

Looking forward to getting more involved again - bring on the track days - llandow, anyone?

Not really sure about long term - I'm quite like having one of the fastest cars on stock j-spec turbos on the forum and I love the drivability it gives. I expect though that if my turbos ever do give up the ghost I will go single as I have a decent enough fueling setup to support 600hp right now, I'd just need the turbo, fmic, and a map!