The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are you a member of a deviant group?

RobAce

Hi everyone, my girlfriend is doing a project about deviant groups and would like to ask you lot a few questions about car events etc...so the rest of this thread is from her. Cheers for helping out.

Hi, I have to do an essay about deviant groups, and did you know that attending car cruises etc is a deviant act? :p Anyhoo, all I would like to know is any experiences you've had with the police whilst attending an event (any size), whether it be good or bad. For example, have the police told you all to bugger off even if you feel you're not causing a nuisance to anyone or everything you are doing is perfect legal, or have the police supported you in what you are doing (perhaps for the larger events) by supervising the event etc.

Any comments would be welcomed!!!

Thanx muchly! Rachel x

It's basically to do with how the criminal justice system attempt to deal with organised deviant groups, you lot fit in this category cos you are organised (the site), generally have the same values as each other and are considered by some to be a nuisance when you meet etc (not my opinion by the way).

Yes - a rozzer (or group of) decided to close off a car park where a group of us met up in Stoke once. (Had a modified Corsa way back then).

They then wondered around saying we were on private land (stadium carpark) and that we were trespassing. Then they tried to hand out a few tickets. We all jumped in our motors and queued up to leave the carpark but they wouldn't move their jam sandwich. So people started blasting their horns...they didn't like that and threatened to fine the next person to parp! lol - needless to say we kept on doing it until they buggered off out of our way.

We all jetted off in convoy causing mayhem as we did so (after being so quiet left on our own at the stadium).

This was about 5/6 years ago and I don't think police mentality has changed much.

Only other time I accidently stumbled upon a cruise in Bolton (or somewhere like that - I was on a weekend away) and the coppers had sealed off the major carparks and weren't letting anyone in them (I wanted my dinner!). I asked a few rozzers what was up - and they were actually quite bemused by it all and happy to chat.

Couple of weeks ago a couple of guys from this BBS and me went to a local jap car meet in Abingdon. There were 60 odd jap cars in total. We gathered on a parkinglot at a shopping centre. One of the shop owner didn't like we were there and he called the cops. He told them we were doing burnouts and donuts. :stickpoke

Of course we weren't doing any of this :eyebrows: - really!

So the filth arrived. The organiser of the meet had a word with them and apparently they didn’t mind us being there. They were watching us from the side for 15min or so and left.