The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Essex bodyshops?

Scoboblio

If you just want the thing to stay down all the time then you should be able to find the relevant info by searching on here - lots of people have done it, but there's a little tweak you have to do to stop the light flashing or something.

As for spraying it, that should be no problem - they have a dedicated paint shop + bloke.

They've only serviced mine once (I've not had the car long enough for more) so they're not really Supra 'experts'. They're not even Jap experts really - they service just about everything, including trucks, tractors, racing preperation, etc. They just have bags of experience. They kept my 200SX on the road for 7.5 years and absolutedly nothing went wrong with that. They are a family firm too, so you get a nice friendly service. They knew me from my 200SX so I took my Supra along when I got it to ask them if they were okay servicing that as well (since it was a bit more complicated). They said fine, no problem, took one look at it and said 'It's an import, isn't it?' and then chatted about the import differences and such. I was impressed with the knowledge so figured they'd be fine (and indeed the first service was fine).

Hint - take some dog biscuits for Sam, the rather large Alsatian that prowls the yard. He's friendly, but not happy with strangers. Oh, and he's very much an outdoor dog with paws that walk through oily garages a lot, so don't for gawd sake let him jump up unless you want a couple of paw prints on your shirt :)

Do you need the phone number and/or directions?

Phone number:

A J Dedman

01279 758565

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=546500&y=222500&z=3&sv=546500,222500&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=863

(hope that works)

It's the place in the very middle of that map, 'Hadham Park' (been going there for 7 years and never even noticed a single sign calling it that!). If you're coming from the direction of the A120 you'll see a old wooden bus shelter on the right and it's immediately after that. There's a good chance you'll go sailing straight past it first time. It's quite a fast road and people won't be expecting you to turn off so try and give lots of indicator warning.

Edit: When you go down the lane into the place you'll come to a little fork in the road - go right and you'll see a gravel yard, that's the place you want. Park up in there and Sam will start barking and someone will come out to say hello.