N/a mines ecu vs stock dyno results to come Saturday

Supraleeturbo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had one for a Jspec TT Auto and it was difficult to sell because it is quite crude technology in the way it gains potential power increases, I got £200 in the end I think, the gains on an NA would be minimal however the risks possibly less so may reach a similar price for those in the quest for a few BHP

What makes you say that? All the mines does to increase the power is increase the boost to 1.1bar and re-adjust the fuel to compensate better for the over-fuelling at the top end.

Far less crude than strapping on a boost controller to the stock ECU and doing the same ;)

What makes you say that? All the mines does to increase the power is increase the boost to 1.1bar and re-adjust the fuel to compensate better for the over-fuelling at the top end.

Far less crude than strapping on a boost controller to the stock ECU and doing the same ;)

Because it is a generic map and when I ran one in my car it never felt right, does it not raise the rev limit as well?

Because it is a generic map and when I ran one in my car it never felt right, does it not raise the rev limit as well?

Depends on the options. The stock map is a generic map also. However, it won't feel right unless you run it on the right fuel as it's fine tuned for 100ron. Mine ran amazing on Vpower99 but didn't like BP fuel at all.

Mine had an 8krpm limit, 1.1bar boost, increased boost on 1st tubby (approx 1.0bar), fuel cut defender taken out, speed limiter taken out and the map tweaks to richen up the mid-range and lean out the top range.

Amazing bit of kit IMO, need to be careful though as they're starting to suffer from dry solder joints.

Amazing bit of kit IMO, need to be careful though as they're starting to suffer from dry solder joints.

I agree! It gives a very good gains in n/a too, stock map is too conservative but this piece of kit will fix that. Collectible item in the future for sure, as is Amuse and Tom's and so on. Those dry joints doesn't matter, they are easy and cheap to fix. My local electronic service shop did change all the capacitors and now it runs like new. It did cost like 30 euros or so. It is definitely tuned for high octane gas.

However, i think at least in Japan prices have risen up. I bought mine over year ago, and it did cost over 600 euros inc postage and other fees. I tried to get Tom's ecu, but they were too expensive... :( So i don't know, if you are going to sell this thing for 200£ i will buy it :D

Are there not specific ones to the NA and TT, or is it that the same one is interchangeable?

There are at least 3 variants that I know of. There may be 4. They are not interchangeable between N/A & TT.

Manual TT

Auto TT

Manual N/A

There may be an auto N/A one as well though, I don't see why not.

If you want to borrow a spare toyota MT NA ecu then I have one. Would be interesting to get one dyno run on standard ecu and one on mines to see graph differences. As far as I'm aware I haven't seen such a thing posted online before

thats very kind of you mike thank you, if so ill give you a shout bud but anything over the stock 220 bhp will be an improvement

Ah ok, I wish I had raced you at dragonball last year to see the difference. Starting to think I need one of these, especially as a turbo is off the cards for a few years yet :(

Yeah would have been interested to see the outcome! From a dig im not sure if you would see a massive difference, but when Id sit on the motorway and put my foot down you could feel it being more responsive or at least it felt so. The only issue all these ECU's are mapped differently by mines, toms etc etc. To find out how a particular one is mapped you have to contact them direct, somthing I did 3 times and never got a response.

Another down side is the increased rev limiter and in some cases no rev limiter (some had an error)! Byut unless you like bouncing your car off the red line this shouldn't be an issue, I was going to overcome this by fitting an ignition cut but decided against it, as to do it properly it is not easy.

thats very kind of you mike thank you, if so ill give you a shout bud but anything over the stock 220 bhp will be an improvement

To get a true representation you are going to need a stocker to test against. Car will have lost BHP over the years and other mods will affect it too. Take him up on the offer mate I would love to know what it does on paper!

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Thats interesting, what was the highest you revved it to jake? I always shift up a few hundred rpm before the limiter at the most so doubt i would ever go anywhere near the 8k rpm point anyway. Yeah I doubt it would be a massive improvement but even a few extra bhp would be nice. Do you know if this ECU has the speed limiter removed?

Thats interesting, what was the highest you revved it to jake? I always shift up a few hundred rpm before the limiter at the most so doubt i would ever go anywhere near the 8k rpm point anyway. Yeah I doubt it would be a massive improvement but even a few extra bhp would be nice. Do you know if this ECU has the speed limiter removed?

On the drag strip I was changing at 6-6.5k as NA power seems to tail off at 6K anyway. Exactly that is why I fitted it and I never regretted it, was a nice piece of kit. This one did have the limit removal gon yeah, as sh was still im KPH with limiter, this removed it not that I tried it........ ;)

On the drag strip I was changing at 6-6.5k as NA power seems to tail off at 6K anyway. Exactly that is why I fitted it and I never regretted it, was a nice piece of kit. This one did have the limit removal gon yeah, as sh was still im KPH with limiter, this removed it not that I tried it........ ;)

Oh good, mines the same and i want it to stay in kph so the mileage is correct. Haha yeah I doubt I will ever go over it either, especially on Dragonball this year :p.

Well tbh, i will rev my sup to little over 7000 rpm when i want to take out maximum performance. The thing is, when you change in higher power band, revs doesn't drop that much after the gear change and you can get best possible acceleration.

If you have a good quality spark plugs and high octane gas, i believe there is a difference in torque&power in down low and mid range. For example, if you drive 2nd gear with low revs and you press the pedal, it just pick up speed much faster than standard car. It makes these cars much easier to drive fast. If you want to have more top end hp, i think it will need more supporting mods ie better flowing exhaust+headers, better intake and so on. On the other hand, my car feels that it does response modding better now than when it was equipped with stock ecu.

Great upgrade i think. :)