The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got a right result on insurance!

Soop Dogg

After writing off a Supra about a year and a half ago, (When I had only 2 years No Claims Discount because I'd been riding bikes for years) I ended up having to take out insurance on another Supe last February with NO No Claims.

For the GZ aerotop TT it was over £1300. :eek:

Anyway, this year I thought it might come down to maybe £900 to £1000. I was getting fed up with paying £134/month and was looking forward to saving a bit of cash.

Then the insurance renewal hit the door mat. Opened it up and had to check they had definitely got the right model etc. as it is now £670! This year I can pay over 12 months (last year was 10 monthly payments) at £56ish a month. That's nearly £80 better off per month!!

Happy Days!! :)

Who was the insurer? Let's just say I've been Quoted Happy.

(And whilst I do actually work for a company in the same group as this insurer, the only discount I get is that I can pay in installments without being charged for the credit.)

Guest ThrottleHappy

How old are ya mate? (If'n you dont mindme asking?)

I'm lookingto buy a soop tt shortly but I'm 20 with 0yrs no claims for the same reason. I'm dreading calling the insurers but I WILL have my supra if it kills me! :D

soop,

you are in the same boat as me ! I had 2 years NCB and write of my supra last year. now on 10 months insurance, renew soon.

which insurance company do you use? good to know as mine is due soon

China

The company is Norwich Union Direct. Been with them in the past for motorcycle insurance and had no problems with them when I had to make a claim. It was all sorted out very smoothly.

Sorry, Throttlehappy, but I'm 40 at teh end of this year, so don't expect these sort of numbers when you get your quote. In fact, I don't think NUD will insure drivers under 25 on a car over 2.0 litres.

I'll post in the insurance thread as I got a quote off Houghtons last night too. £928. Not a bad price as that is what I was expecting NUD to ask me for, but £670 is a real bonus!

:thumbs: