The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chevy V8 7.8 litre

Chris Wilson

Stroked big block Chevy, all the best parts, Dart alloy billet heads, 4 bolt block, forged stroker crank, steel rods, forged pistons, internally balanced,

immense torque, can be sold without carburettor at £8K for those who would put it on injection, or with a new custom *HUGE* 4 barrel dyno jetted at £9K

I can provide full details to anyone seriously interested, it comes with a pukka engine dyno sheet. I have

access to 3 speed and 2 speed auto boxes for it, with converters. It did run a Lenco transmission but that is now sold.

This is a serious bit of kit with awesome torque. Is anyone brave enough to shovel it into a MKIV?

Don't think so, it's my pal's engine, he's sold his drag car rolling chassis, with the Lenco, and now has the engine and two auto boxes he built to go with it for (I think...) classes where the Lenco was not allowed.

He's e-mailing me some more info, I'll ask about a video. He put it in a drag race Chevy Nova once and it near split the car in two. It looked frightening from the stands, he looked ashen when he got out. It was built

for his pukka drag car, but he wanted to see how it would go in this `orrible thing.

I did build someone an 8.1 liter Reynolds alloy block big block, years ago. And I did an all alloy small block that was 7 litres, that went in a TVR road car until the engine came out for a refresh and got nicked. I had it on Swindon race Engines dyno and asked them to stop at 6800 RPM, as I was getting nervous, clearances between rod bolts and the special small base circle cam were mega tight. Power was still climbing.... Last I heard of the Reynolds big block engine was that they put twin turbos on it and broke 2 of Hewland's biggest transaxles input shafts. I would have thought it must have had the torque of a steam train :) "Mountain Motors" are not *THAT* expensive to build these days, certainly 9 litres is attainable. Don't ask about emissions or fuel consumption though, the Yanks are barely into injection yet, and though they moan, fuel costs are trivial compared to here. ;)

Ill link my friend to this thread, hes just bought an ex super pro et camaro minus engine and box full tube chassis etc

Hes looking to run into the 8's in super pro et so maybe this could be useful for him?

I know the engine he has priced up is around £15k from the u.s and another £5k for gearbox from a uk place

496cu

calies stroker crank,internally balanced

eagle rods

manley pistons

cnc rectangular port heads

chet herbert mechanical roller cam

trw locks,springs etc

moroso electric water pump

high volume oil pump

msd distributor

sfi damper

Fresh engine with dyno time only. He also has a 427 cu ins big block for sale, lesser spec, with alloy rods that would probably want swapping out for steel ones.

Proper engine dyno sheet attached

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.