The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Borg Warner S366

JackyBoi

Anyone here use/used or know someone else who is using a Borg Warner S366 turbo on a 2JZ? I've been reading up about it and for the price I think I might have it over a Precision. Supports up to 800bhp and has a .91a/r divided T4 flange (pretty much exactly what I want.) Only thing stumping me right now is why is it so cheap?! So many YouTube video's of Supra's using that exact turbo, all sound amazing and all putting down really good power with fast spool, but yeah, why are they £400 brand new?!

They are good quality turbos. Remember they are not ball bearing, only journal.

Yeah I know, I can live with that - although it would be nice to have a ball bearing for the spool!

Be very careful when buying Borg Warner turbos on eBay. I know of someone (not mentioning any names ;) ) who bought one, and ended up with a tractor turbo :D

I'd ask Whifbitz about Borg Warner turbos, that seems to be their turbo of choice.

Oh dear! Sounds like a nightmare lol. I'd probably buy it from Powerhouse on eBay, or direct from BW

I've got the s362 1.0ar, and love it.

Old school journal bearing, but pretty much bullet proof. I'm only running 1 bar at the moment, but it delivers the boost really well

Not sure where that price is coming from, they're normally circa £800 ish new?

When do you get full boost on 1 bar then? I love the sound of the S366, going from the videos on YouTube it sounds like a jet preparing for take off :D

Or i can supply you a nice garrett dual ballbearing unit ;)

We shall see where my route takes me, but right now it's 1 - SC366, 2 - 6466 ;)

I've got the s362 1.0ar, and love it.

Old school journal bearing, but pretty much bullet proof. I'm only running 1 bar at the moment, but it delivers the boost really well

Not sure where that price is coming from, they're normally circa £800 ish new?

Need to unleash that little beast more! Remap due!!!! :D

It was almost ready, just the transmission cooler and map sensor to go, but there is a new addition coming soon, so the remap will have to wait just a bit longer

Long time ago in my "What turbo should I get?" thread you said there'd be a video of yours up soon - you got that up yet? ;)

My car was auto when i had mine so it was quite a late spool. Perhaps 4500 or a bit later before full boost would be achieved which was 1.5 bar on mine. Ive opted for a .86 housing now to improve spool which in my gt35r with that housing i was seeing full boost at 1.5 bar at 3500

Why would auto negatively affect turbo spool? On the contrary, autos are easier to build boost up from a standing start, and in my experience, they keep the turbo 'on the boil' better than manuals during gear changes.

Im not specifically talking about supras, but in general :)

By your own admission, I'd say it was caused by the mismatched housing.