The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec rear fog switch

CASHEYE

Can anyone tell me if the fog switch that comes as standard with a UK spec Supra, would fit into the hole for the mirror folding switch? I've never really used the folding switch and when I have they don't fold in all the way so I was wondering if I could replace it with the UK fog switch?

If I can, does anyone have the link for the parts catalogue I see screenshots posted from on here?

Many thanks,

The rear fog light switch on a UK spec fits into a hole in the ignition switch dash panel, it may fit in the mirror retract hole but I think from memory the locking tabs are positioned differently on each switch/hole (so you can only fit the right switch in the correct hole).

If you remove the ignition dash panel on the reverse side you will see the moulding lines where the holes should be, if I was you I'd use a dremel to cut out the hole, mount the switch and secure with something like hot melt glue from behind. Alternatively it may still be possible to source a new UK spec ignition dash panel which already has the hole and mounting bracket.

Perfect, thanks dude.

Well if there were any markings for those extra holes, they aren't there now. The previous owner had drilled a hole for a crappy fog switch and a hole for one of those security fobs which I've now filled in.

If it's just the locking tabs that are different that won't be a problem.

Thanks again.

If it's just the locking tabs that are different that won't be a problem.

I'm going back many years here but I think it's just the positioning of the holes in the brackets on the back dash panel that are different, you may be able to modify the holes so they line up with the spring clips on the foglight switch, then it'll clip into place as normal.

You can trim the locating tab off with a craft knife or similar and it will then fit into any of the holes, including the mirror switch hole.

In my post I was wondering (never tried it) if it'd be possible to leave the locking tabs in place but adjust the holes in the panel instead so the tabs still lock into place. Either way you should be able to make it fit :)