The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'95 Supra Na 5 Speed for 17K

CASHEYE

NA5's can go for $25k upwards pretty easily and quite often mate, if you follow some of the US pages of facefart they have a few ads on them every so often. Totally different world in terms of pricing.

Oh and I think about exporting mine at least once a week haha!

Once Supra's hit the 25 year old mark the US market will probably be flooded with JDM and UK ones. I reckon that'll bring the price down over there and maybe even bring it up further over here! Just spreading the same amount of cars even thinner across the globe which will increase demand and rarity.

Pound is getting hit a bit recently so ours are getting even cheaper for the americans, I'm not sure their market can really get flooded, only 1993's can go in late 2018, 1994's in 2019 etc so they'll get drip fed and there doesn't seem to be any country (even Japan) with loads of excess ones even if some current owners decide to get rid?

I've got a bit of a pie in the sky plan to ship my second one over there and have a few week road trip and sell it stateside (try and half arrange it before I go) before returning home, might even be a net free holiday compared to just selling it here?

As someone else said the take up for RHD might be small, but if a LHD TT6 was available here for £6K who would put up with one? enough I think......certainly something to watch/consider.

Personally I don't think I'll ever have another supra due to the price increase. I remember reading JP bought his black beast for about 7k in 2007 (IIRC)

I know it is what it is price wise, but I'd be insane to pony up even more for what will be an even older car if I do get one in the future. Anyone who bought a TT auto for 4.5k a couple of years ago must be well chuffed though :D

Personally I don't think I'll ever have another supra due to the price increase. I remember reading JP bought his black beast for about 7k in 2007 (IIRC)

I know it is what it is price wise, but I'd be insane to pony up even more for what will be an even older car if I do get one in the future. Anyone who bought a TT auto for 4.5k a couple of years ago must be well chuffed though :D

And JP got it from an old member Jake who got it off ebay for £4k something! I wish I'd been in a financial position back then to take advantage of these sort of deals that popped up.

I was going to off load one of mine but probably just going to sit on it for a year or two now and properly clean it up before considering selling. That's what I see happening now, loads of owners not necessarily using theirs much but enjoy it occasionally and no need to sell with prices firm/climbing slightly as they are.

I agree the value for money is dropping but then as long as prices stay firm the money is not being lost it's just a lot to have wrapped up in an old car? but if the price of a TT6 seems to keep on creeping up and up it starts getting towards the level of a reasonable mileage IS-F for example.

The price for a mint TT6 (especially late year facelifts with VVTi) are only going to go up in price from now on (IMO.) I hope to hang on to mine for life, pass it onto my children, at which point they could keep it for themselves or sell it properly and have a very tidy sum to put towards a house :) I'm sure when the USA can start importing them the price is only going to go even higher, maybe up to 30k for a TT6!

I was just thinking that with recent price increases, the High Wycombe lot must appear to of priced their cars sensibly compared to a few years ago (if their prices have remained the same) :D

It's not outside the realm of possibility that dealers might actually be stocking up on Supras in the hope that predicted price increases will pay out. The amount for sale now vs 12/24 months ago has decreased by about 2/3s. People may be holding on to theirs, or more being written off but it could be more strategic.

Probably not.

Dealers I don't think are stocking up as such, but they are, and have been for some time, picking up anything remotely cheap and adding a few thousand on.

The recent members 5 speed tt that was a little untidy in places is an example. Also any current owners find it easier to stay an owner in a time of potential appreciation, even if they aren't using theirs much or were thinking of selling. This stifles supply even more and compounds the 'problem' will it continue, time will tell.

Well considering a uk spec model was about £42000 back in 96 and there was only a small amount of difference in cost between a manual and auto, the grey imports spoilt it for a few years especially the na model as this was not an option here so the sooner a few more na and tacky body kitted supra's get smashed or broken then I am sure everyone will be happy to see there car value rise be it UK or import and have its place respected as a modern Japanese classic