The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Warning: be carefull as ive had the worst and luckiest week

T14PPA

As some may already know my car finally went for mapping at tdi. On my home from picking it up i hadnt even put my foot down to see what having 600bhp is like, the car just twitched and that was it. Was going head first into the tunnel wall but managed to spin it and it hit the rear quarter at 70mph. It must have been some sort of spill or something on the floor as i was going in a straight line and in a split second my life flashed before my eyes.

It was my pride and joy. Anyone who knew me knows how obsessed i was with my car. Absolutly devestated is an under statement. Me and my fiance are lucky to be alive and unhurt. However the car is not so lucky as from a quick look in the garage the chassis has twisted. Cant believe my luck. Im going through my insurance to try recoup some money back but im not sure on my next move. The supra has always been my dream car and ive owned mine for nearly 5 years.

All my money and blood sweat and tears have gone into it. I dont know if i should get a shell to transfer everything or just give up because it will never be the same and never compare to what i have

I sorry to hear this, truly a sad time and worst case scenario.

I would honest keep the running gears, engine and etc and reshell it, you know if you break it/sold it. You will be back in a Supra.

Its either break the car and buy a finished single build Supra or transfers what you build into another shell, this way your work is not all in vain.

Thats real bad luck mate, and glad you're both OK. But not really the weather to be testing out 600hp :/

Hand on my heart mate i was shitting myself driving it because of the weather and didnt test it once. Just my luck

- - - Updated - - -

Mate really gutted for you! glad you're OK though buddy...

Thanks mate. Mind all over the place

I sorry to hear this, truly a sad time and worst case scenario.

I would honest keep the running gears, engine and etc and reshell it, you know if you break it/sold it. You will be back in a Supra.

Its either break the car and buy a finished single build Supra or transfers what you build into another shell, this way your work is not all in vain.

That is my idea but dont know if i can take the pain again if something happend again

Sorry to hear this but as said above, you both are ok and that is the main thing. Doesnt help the devastation I know.

Keep, it and go find a rolling shell and swap it all out you can be back on the road for the good weather, if funds allow pick up Kaan's and then you have a show ready 700bhp supra for the 2016 show season.

That's terrible news Mike, I'm gutted for you. Your car was immaculate too

I think you should put it away if you have somewhere to store it, until the warmer weather comes. Don't rush into a decision, and things always seem better when the sun is out.

Anything I can help with, just shout mate

Sorry to hear this but as said above, you both are ok and that is the main thing. Doesnt help the devastation I know.

Keep, it and go find a rolling shell and swap it all out you can be back on the road for the good weather, if funds allow pick up Kaan's and then you have a show ready 700bhp supra for the 2016 show season.

At the moment i cant afford anything mate. Otherwise i would. Got my stag in vegas in 2 weeks and my wedding in march. So it come at the worst time possible. No wedding car anymore

That's terrible news Mike, I'm gutted for you. Your car was immaculate too

I think you should put it away if you have somewhere to store it, until the warmer weather comes. Don't rush into a decision, and things always seem better when the sun is out.

Anything I can help with, just shout mate

Appreciate it gary. Your right it didnt have one mark on it as i didnt even let people touch it lol.

Sorry to hear the news I would be the same as you, feeling a little lost, but 70MPH and a tunnel. You both came out ok.. Thats the important thing, I'm sure if you had lost a limb or something you would feel worse of or even worse if your fiancée wasn't ok, then you would feel some sort of guilt.

TBH whats happened has happened and nothing I say will help. But end the end of the day get your mind straight as your can and see you have some options.

1. How much the insurance will give you if you keep the car, replace the shell (kaan has one) and build something better and let your mind run wild.

2. How much the insurance will give you if you write it off and buy something completely different but as good

or

3. Same as option 1 but break down and sell for parts.

Personally option 1 is the one I'd go for because the time your done, stand back and you may think "My car is better than ever, and it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for that unlucky day"

But I try and think glass 1/2 full and all that..

good luck with it all bud...

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

At the moment i cant afford anything mate. Otherwise i would. Got my stag in vegas in 2 weeks and my wedding in march. So it come at the worst time possible. No wedding car anymore ��

:( real sorry for you mate, maybe just keep hold for now once you have had your pay out. Im sure we as a forum can rally round and get you a supra for your wedding!

Sorry to hear the news I would be the same as you, feeling a little lost, but 70MPH and a tunnel. You both came out ok.. Thats the important thing, I'm sure if you had lost a limb or something you would feel worse of or even worse if your fiancée wasn't ok, then you would feel some sort of guilt.

TBH whats happened has happened and nothing I say will help. But end the end of the day get your mind straight as your can and see you have some options.

1. How much the insurance will give you if you keep the car, replace the shell (kaan has one) and build something better and let your mind run wild.

2. How much the insurance will give you if you write it off and buy something completely different but as good

or

3. Same as option 1 but break down and sell for parts.

Personally option 1 is the one I'd go for because the time your done, stand back and you may think "My car is better than ever, and it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for that unlucky day"

But I try and think glass 1/2 full and all that..

good luck with it all bud...

Thanks and yes thats my thoughts

:( real sorry for you mate, maybe just keep hold for now once you have had your pay out. Im sure we as a forum can rally round and get you a supra for your wedding!

Kachun has greatly offered me his car. Just dont know for now. Thank you very much

That sucks :(

But, the car did it's job and protected you both, so at least it didn't die in vain.

You're a bit far from.me, otherwise I would happily volunteer myself and my car for the wedding day :)

Im sure it saved our lives and im grateful. If it was any other car i dont know what would have happend. The kindness is great on this forum

It is hard but its supra life in affraid to say its a old car with very limited traction control , and when single turbo the power does come on strong and easy put traction out the window, me myself I like it gives me the fun of driving and put my self in positions to test myself so half expect it to go but it does come out of no where sometimes, I turnt my tc off the other day and with the salt on the road was spinning furhher up the road than I thought when lifting even though I thought I was straight was caught out got into a slight tank slapper . Which soon put my heart where my mouth was, I have crashed a couple of times now but nothing too bad , but totally gutted for you if the chassis is bent

Best of luck with it what ever you diced it does hurt in more ways then one .but at least your safe as is your partner

Damn dude, sorry to hear. It's bad enough in the current weather with an na, don't think I could trust myself with 600hp under my right foot either.

Don't give up, put it to the side for a while. Get another shell, transfer everything and start fresh for the summer.

Yes i had another look in the boot aswell tonight and the boot where the spare is was pushed over and parts of chassis had actually come apart

You did spin into a wall at 70, thats not exactly a low speed crash. But theres one thing big Toyotas do above all else, and thats crash well.

Terrible news but more importantly you're safe and well. RE the incident I managed to crash into someone sliding on black ice at 5mph (and as a result someone slid into the back of me). These things just happen from time to time and largely there's nothing you as a driver can do so don't kick yourself over it, just learn from it.

Dude, i was lucky enough to see your car in the flesh, and you doing all the work on it really made it feel that much special. I'm glad you and the other halve walked away without any serious injuries. But the fact is, its just a car, which can be replaced.

Its a shame to give up on the supra dream just as you got it all mapped up and stuff. Re-shell it mate! You know it makes sense! Let the insurance write it off and buy it back off them. Use the money to buy a nice shell and swap the parts over. You're going to be doing all the work yourself so you can potentially have a very good investment on your hands in the long run.

Just my 2 pence worth. Hope it all works out for you dude.