The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ok, ive just bought this trd sz model

supra-alex

for £8400, with a grand deposit picking it up in two weeks after i get paid,

tyres checked, engine smooth, oil good, interior clean, paintwork is excellent

i feel for a 1996 model thats not bad, as all i have to do is insure and tax it ?

oh and er mot till july 2005.

tried to upload picture but cant do it. its on autotrader now for 8495 and is the only gunmetal grey (metallic) in that price range.

What you more experienced lot think of it ? (if you see it)

It's an ok price for a facelift version and a good colour, I remember seeing this on autotrader a while back but I wasn't taken by the kit on it.

I believe it's a very late 96 so this will be one of the first facelift's out, it's a shame the original owner didn't go for the uk brake upgrade from factory as this was an option on the facelifts as this would have saved you changing later, although the brakes will stop hard enough on an N/A anyway!

And yep no such thing as TRD n/a's

Hello mate :thumbs:

Seems a fairly high price to pay for an early facelift NA, though if its a low mileage 6 speed then its about right.

Its not a facelift if it has indicators in the wings , i have a car in at the moment the guy thinks is a 97 it isnt , im guessing a 94 , its No 30,000 on the build , 3 guage dash, wrong rear lights , wrong diff, wrong ABS , etc , it does have a black carpet though !!!!

Dude :littled:

My mistake - I guess its not a facelift, didn't spot the wing repeaters...

A guy I work with recently bought what he though was a facelift - externally it was all facelift but it had the 4-dial dash. Checking the VIN plate (after it arrived) it turned out to be a 95 RZ-S pre facelfift but with a lot of late model parts added...

is it defo an sz then ? CUZ ALTHOUGH IT WILL BE A STEAL FOR A TT I CAN'T BE DOIN WITH THE HASSLE OF CERAMIC TURBO'S, ITS CLOCKED AT 77,000 SO HOW WOULD I KNOW IF THEY HAVE BEEN CHANGED, WHAT WOULD I LOOK FOR ?

DO MOST PEOPLE THINK ITS A AN SZ TRD FACELIFT MODEL THEN ?

Have you checked the ID plate under the bonnet? It has all the info you need about the model/spec etc. :)

I remember looking at that car in August last year, being sold by the same dealer (Spani Marittima AKA Elise Autos). Nice car but but I wanted an auto.

is it defo an sz then ? CUZ ALTHOUGH IT WILL BE A STEAL FOR A TT I CAN'T BE DOIN WITH THE HASSLE OF CERAMIC TURBO'S, ITS CLOCKED AT 77,000 SO HOW WOULD I KNOW IF THEY HAVE BEEN CHANGED, WHAT WOULD I LOOK FOR ?

Aside from checking the vin number and the engine bay for a couple of turbos, what are the five gauges you've got on it, because if you've got a voltmeter then its a good bet its an SZ.

is it defo an sz then ?
Yeah, it's bound to be. No dealer is going to make that mistake.
CUZ ALTHOUGH IT WILL BE A STEAL FOR A TT I CAN'T BE DOIN WITH THE HASSLE OF CERAMIC TURBO'S
What hassle?
ITS CLOCKED AT 77,000 SO HOW WOULD I KNOW IF THEY HAVE BEEN CHANGED
If what have been changed? The turbos? You wouldn't, unless there's some supporting paperwork or they'd been changed for non stock ones. Anyway, it doesn't have any turbos.

It's a Facelift SZ. Forget about the TRD thing. Unless the car has a TRD wide body kit it can't really be described a TRD Supra.

spoke to a bloke called leon who runs jps motorsports in milton keynes and after describing the car to him he said they all come with 180 on the speedo

and that it DOES have a wide body 2" wider than normal,

could it be a sz-r ?

more importantly does it have TRACTION CONTROL !!!!!! sorry i forgot to look for it when in the car...

i will have a look on google and do some research...

If you haven't bought this one yet then look below,

It's another 96 facelift n/a with a real nice kit and few a goodie's and also less mileage

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?page=2&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=SS5+5BU&miles=60&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=5&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

BTW it could be an sz-r but the sz has a slightly higher/different spec, basically the sz-r is a bit sportier as it had an lsd and was slightly lighter and I think the sz had more gadgets/higher grade interior, ie electric seats.

I'd be very tempted to buy the one above!