The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel help please!

Jay

Hey Guys,

Just looking at some 19s for my TRD widebody, and am a little confused by the offsets etc. Which size would best suit my bodykit (roughly 1" wider than standard on each corner) and would I have to have spacers?

Sizes available for the wheels I want are:

Rear

Size: 19x10 ET: 28 P.C.D: 114.3

or

Size: 19X10 ET: 35 P.C.D: 114.3

Front

Size: 19X9 ET: 35 P.C.D: 114.3

or

Size: 19x9 ET: 30 P.C.D: 114.3

I'm just not sure whether the biggest width they do will be wide enough - anyone in the know care to comment?

Based on the size that suits the car, what tyres can I get away with?

Cheers,

Jay

hi jay,

i would go for 19x9 in the front with a 35 offset but you will need spacers, you could use 265's as the widest tyre you culd use and with the rear go for 19x10 in the rear with a 35 offset and you will also need spacers and the widest tyres you can use are 285's. you will need 15mm spacer on the rear and 10mm spacers o nthe front. if im wrong im sure someone will correct me.

-robert-

Hey Robert,

Thanks man. I don't like the sound of using spacers, I think I might need to rethink my choice of wheel and go for something that's available in 12/13" width.

Just out of interest - my knowledge on this is sketchy, so i may well be wrong - but would having a 35mm offset with 15mm spacers be the same as a larger offset? So in an ideal world i'd need a 50mm offset which would negate the need for spacers? Or am I way off?

No jay you are right, if you had the correct offset then you wouldnt need spacers, so in the rear you would need 50mm offset in the rear and 45mm offset in the front. I would agree it would be better to get the right width wheels rather than using spacers

Hey Robert,

Thanks man. I don't like the sound of using spacers, I think I might need to rethink my choice of wheel and go for something that's available in 12/13" width.

Just out of interest - my knowledge on this is sketchy, so i may well be wrong - but would having a 35mm offset with 15mm spacers be the same as a larger offset? So in an ideal world i'd need a 50mm offset which would negate the need for spacers? Or am I way off?

Using 15mm spacers with a wheel of 35mm offset will give you a total offset of 20mm, so the lower the offset the further outboard the wheel will sit.

for the TRD widebody you will require wheels at least 12" wide on the rear.