The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine bay corner covers

Scott

• 1 year later...

Just bumping this as it appears SRD don't do them anymore and the ones from charge auto styling require a fair amount of modification. Does anyone know of anyone else who does these?

I noticed the OCD works ones but they are from the US and cost over $1000 without shipping and tax

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

Just bumping this as it appears SRD don't do them anymore and the ones from charge auto styling require a fair amount of modification. Does anyone know of anyone else who does these?

I noticed the OCD works ones but they are from the US and cost over $1000 without shipping and tax

Tim @ TB Developments (a trader on here) can make them to order

Tim @ TB Developments (a trader on here) can make them to order

Brilliant, cheers mate

They dont require "that much" modification, give it a go!

Well from what he told me on Facebook:

"You'll need to lower or remove the charcoal canister.

Move the ignitor to where the charcoal canister was, or by the abs pump. It's also a good idea to pull the loom from the passenger side inner wing, and feed it around the shock tower, so it's out of the way.

The loom on the driver side inner wing, simply unclips, and can be fed round the shock tower, behind the turbos.

The heater hoses at the back may need tidying up, to allow the centre piece to sit over them.

The panel will need trimming to clear the stock inlet manifold - you may be able to see in my pic.

I'm not sure about clearance on the stock turbo setup, but I'd imagine the driver side panel will also need to be trimmed to clear.

The throttle cable can be unclipped, and fed behind the brake servo, and them back across to the throttle body"

They do look really really good but I feel they aren't really for the stock setup and I'm not comfortable trimming carbon as I know I'd mess it up :(

Gary England on Facebook makes carbon ones :)

I think those are the charge auto styling ones?

Another option I was looking at was using Nimbus Lite Heat Shield

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/heat-shielding-protection/nimbus-lite-heat-shield

Oddly enough I have just received a sheet of exactly that.

I was planning on shaping it to protect a cold air feed from heat from an aftermarket manifold, I'm sure it can be worked to make some kind of engine bay box/cover, as per here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?302082-Axle-Destroyer-3-4-Titan-Stroker/page21

I am looking at Garys , I like the shape but alot of work to get them to fit an OEM setup

At least the Nimbus Lite Heat Shield you might be able to tweak fairly easily , be nice painted satin black with the Diamond cut design

Keep us posted on how easy it is to work with, shape and cut , might try make up a template the weekend

I am looking at Garys , I like the shape but alot of work to get them to fit an OEM setup

At least the Nimbus Lite Heat Shield you might be able to tweak fairly easily , be nice painted satin black with the Diamond cut design

Keep us posted on how easy it is to work with, shape and cut , might try make up a template the weekend

Will do. I've got a 1m x 1m sheet (not cheap) but plenty to play with.